Dana Point Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell WSW | Wind ENE
Sea Temperature Today is: 23.6 °C
Dana Point in Orange Countyis a beach and reef break that has quite consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Works best in offshore winds from the east northeast. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the west southwest. Best around mid tide when the tide is rising. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Beware of rips, rocks, man-made danger (buoys etc..) and pollution.
For Dana Point, 1 km from Dana Point.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Dana Point, 2 km from Dana Point.
At San Clemente Basin Buoy, 70 miles from Dana Point.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||17||17||17||14|
Overall Dana Point Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This image illustrates the variation of swells directed at Dana Point through a typical... (show all text)
The graph describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Dana Point surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Orange County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Dana Point
Tide stations nearest to Dana Point:
- Closest tide stationDana Point1 mi
- Second closest tide stationLaguna Niguel4 mi
- Third closest tide stationSan Clemente6 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLaguna Beach7 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationNewport Bay Entrance14 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Dana Point:
- Closest ski areaMt Baldy51 mi
- Second closest ski areaMountain High resort63 mi
- Third closest ski areaSunrise Ski Area64 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSnow Valley65 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSnow Summit71 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Dana Point:
- Closest city locationDana Point1 mi
- Second closest city locationSan Juan Capistrano4 mi
- Third closest city locationLaguna Niguel4 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSan Clemente6 mi
- Fifth closest city locationAliso Viejo7 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Dana Point is John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA) in USA, 28 km (17 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Dana Point is Tustin Mcaf Airport (NTK), also in USA, 29 km (18 miles) away.
- Third is Long Beach Airport (LGB) in USA, 57 km (35 miles) away.
- Riverside Muni Airport (RAL) in USA is 60 km (37 miles) away.
- March Arb (Riverside) Airport (RIV), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Dana Point and is 63 km (39 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Dana Point, CAL - Orange County. Use the tab navigation above to view Dana Point sea temperature, Dana Point photographs, Dana Point detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Dana Point webcams, current wind from CAL - Orange County live weather stations and Dana Point tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Dana Point.