D Street Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 22.3 °C
D Street in San Diego County is an exposed beach break that has pretty consitent surf. Summer offers the favoured conditions for surfing. Works best in offshore winds from the east. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell angle is from the southwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Best around mid tide when the tide is rising. Often Crowded.
For Carlsbad, 9 km from D Street.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Carlsbad, 3 km from D Street.
At San Clemente Basin Buoy, 58 miles from D Street.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||17||17||19||17|
Overall D Street Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The figure shows the range of swells directed at D Street through an average June. It i... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single D Street surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - San Diego County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of D Street
Tide stations nearest to D Street:
- Closest tide stationCarlsbad6 mi
- Second closest tide stationSolana Beach7 mi
- Third closest tide stationOceanside9 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLa Jolla, Scripps Pier16 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCrown Point, Mission Bay21 mi
Ski Resorts closest to D Street:
- Closest ski areaMt Baldy80 mi
- Second closest ski areaSnow Valley80 mi
- Third closest ski areaSnow Summit83 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaBig Bear Mountain83 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBear Mountain89 mi
Town and city forecasts close to D Street:
- Closest city locationEncinitas3 mi
- Second closest city locationCarlsbad6 mi
- Third closest city locationOceanside9 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSan Marcos9 mi
- Fifth closest city locationVista9 mi
- The closest passenger airport to D Street is Miramar Mcas Airport (NKX) in USA, 29 km (18 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to D Street is San Diego International Lindbergh Fld Airport (SAN), also in USA, 41 km (25 miles) away.
- Third is North Island Nas (San Diego) Airport (NZY) in USA, 44 km (27 miles) away.
- General Abelardo L Rodriguez International (Tijuana) Airport (TIJ) in Mexico is 68 km (42 miles) away.
- Tustin Mcaf Airport (NTK) in USA is the fifth nearest airport to D Street and is 84 km (52 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for D Street, CAL - San Diego County. Use the tab navigation above to view D Street sea temperature, D Street photographs, D Street detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, D Street webcams, current wind from CAL - San Diego County live weather stations and D Street tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around D Street.