Crunchie Pt Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Mornington Peninsula, Australia)
Crunchie Pt Spot ID
Photo credit: john knowles
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSW | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 14.6 °C
Crunchie Pt in Mornington Peninsula is a fairly exposed reef break that has reasonably consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the north northwest. Clean groundswells prevail and the best swell direction is from the south southwest. A choice of left and right reefs. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Hazards include rocks and rips.
Overall Crunchie Pt Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This picture illustrates the range of swells directed at Crunchie Pt through a typical ... (show all text)
The figure describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Crunchie Pt surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to VIC - Mornington Peninsula surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Crunchie Pt
Visitor Reviews of Crunchie Pt
“Crunchies is a small mellow break great for long boarders and the Grommies!! Friendly locals... as long as you don't drop in on any of them. Must be high tide to surf unless your rock exploring. Generally better with a light offshore sort of wind rather than glass, basically hopeless in onshore. But all in all definitely worth a surf. GO NUTS!!”
Stuart from AUSTRALIA - 10 Apr 2015
Tide stations nearest to Crunchie Pt:
- Closest tide stationStony Point6 mi
- Second closest tide stationWesternport6 mi
- Third closest tide stationHastings8 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPhillip Island9 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationFrankston East19 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Crunchie Pt:
- Closest ski areaMt Donna Buang (Australia)57 mi
- Second closest ski areaMount Baw Baw (Australia)75 mi
- Third closest ski areaLake Mountain (Australia)76 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMt St Gwinear (Australia)76 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMount Buller (Australia)113 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Crunchie Pt:
- Closest city locationFrankston East (Australia)19 mi
- Second closest city locationCranbourne (Australia)23 mi
- Third closest city locationGeelong (Australia)40 mi
- Fourth closest city locationHoppers Crossing (Australia)42 mi
- Fifth closest city locationGeelong West (Australia)45 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Crunchie Pt is Melbourne Moorabbin Airport (MBW) in Australia, 48 km (30 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Crunchie Pt is Avalon Airport (AVV), also in Australia, 69 km (43 miles) away.
- Third is Melbourne Essendon Airport (MEB) in Australia, 77 km (48 miles) away.
- Melbourne International Airport (MEL) in Australia is 84 km (52 miles) away.
- Albury Airport (ABX), also in Australia is the fifth nearest airport to Crunchie Pt and is 307 km (191 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Crunchie Pt, VIC - Mornington Peninsula. Use the tab navigation above to view Crunchie Pt sea temperature, Crunchie Pt photographs, Crunchie Pt detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Crunchie Pt webcams, current wind from VIC - Mornington Peninsula live weather stations and Crunchie Pt tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Crunchie Pt.