Crouching Lion Spot ID
Best: Swell NE | Wind SSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.3 °C
Crouching Lion in Oahu is an exposed point break that has unreliable waves with no particular seasonal pattern. The best wind direction is from the south southwest. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the northeast. A right hand reef break. Sometimes crowded. Watch out for rocks/rips.
Overall Crouching Lion Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This image illustrates the variation of swells directed at Crouching Lion over a normal... (show all text)
The graph describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Crouching Lion surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Oahu surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Crouching Lion
Tide stations nearest to Crouching Lion:
- Closest tide station4 mi
- Second closest tide station7 mi
- Third closest tide station8 mi
- Fourth closest tide station9 mi
- Fifth closest tide station11 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Crouching Lion is Kaneohe Bay Mcaf Airport (NGF) in Usa Oahu Isl., 16 km (10 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Crouching Lion is Honolulu International Airport (HNL), also in Usa Oahu Isl., 28 km (17 miles) away.
- Third is Dillingham Airport (HDH) in Usa Oahu Isl., 36 km (22 miles) away.
- Molokai Airport (MKK) in Usa Molokai Isl. is 91 km (57 miles) away.
- Lanai Airport (LNY) in Usa Lanai Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Crouching Lion and is 128 km (80 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Crouching Lion, HAW - Oahu. Use the tab navigation above to view Crouching Lion sea temperature, Crouching Lion photographs, Crouching Lion detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Crouching Lion webcams, current wind from HAW - Oahu live weather stations and Crouching Lion tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Crouching Lion.