Crouching Lion Spot ID
Best: Swell NE | Wind SSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.1 °C
Crouching Lion in Oahu is an exposed point break that has unreliable waves with no particular seasonal pattern. The best wind direction is from the south southwest. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the northeast. A right hand reef break. Sometimes crowded. Watch out for rocks/rips.
Overall Crouching Lion Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This image shows the range of swells directed at Crouching Lion through an average July... (show all text)
The graph illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Crouching Lion surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Oahu surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Crouching Lion
Visitor Reviews of Crouching Lion
Tide stations nearest to Crouching Lion:
- Closest tide stationWaikane, Kaneohe Bay, Oahu Island4 mi
- Second closest tide stationLaie Bay, Oahu Island7 mi
- Third closest tide station'Ahuimanu8 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMokuoloe, Kaneohe Bay, Oahu Island9 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMoku o Loe, Kaneohe Bay Oahu Island11 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Crouching Lion:
- Closest ski areaMt Ashland (United States)2480 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Shasta (United States)2486 mi
- Third closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area (United States)2502 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaRoyal Gorge (United States)2524 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaDodge Ridge (United States)2525 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Crouching Lion:
- Closest city locationKane'ohe (United States)11 mi
- Second closest city locationMililani Town (United States)12 mi
- Third closest city locationWaimalu (United States)12 mi
- Fourth closest city locationKailua (United States)14 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPearl City (United States)14 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Crouching Lion is Kaneohe Bay Mcaf Airport (NGF) in Usa Oahu Isl., 16 km (10 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Crouching Lion is Honolulu International Airport (HNL), also in Usa Oahu Isl., 28 km (17 miles) away.
- Third is Dillingham Airport (HDH) in Usa Oahu Isl., 36 km (22 miles) away.
- Molokai Airport (MKK) in Usa Molokai Isl. is 91 km (57 miles) away.
- Lanai Airport (LNY) in Usa Lanai Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Crouching Lion and is 128 km (80 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Crouching Lion, HAW - Oahu. Use the tab navigation above to view Crouching Lion sea temperature, Crouching Lion photographs, Crouching Lion detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Crouching Lion webcams, current wind from HAW - Oahu live weather stations and Crouching Lion tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Crouching Lion.