Crescent Head Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell ESE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 21.2 °C
Crescent Head in Port Macquarie is an exposed point break that has reasonably consistent surf. Autumn and winter are the best times of year for waves. Offshore winds are from the west. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the east southeast. Good surf at all stages of the tide. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Watch out for rocks and sharks.
Overall Crescent Head Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
This picture shows the variation of swells directed at Crescent Head over a normal Octo... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Crescent Head surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to NSW - Port Macquarie surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Crescent Head
Visitor Reviews of Crescent Head
“The best surf beach ever.”
matt from AUSTRALIA - 28 Jul 2013
Tide stations nearest to Crescent Head:
- Closest tide stationNorth Shore16 mi
- Second closest tide stationPort Macquarie17 mi
- Third closest tide stationSouth West Rocks20 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationCamden Haven32 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationNambucca Heads37 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Crescent Head:
- Closest ski areaSelwyn Snowfields (Australia)418 mi
- Second closest ski areaPerisher (Australia)446 mi
- Third closest ski areaCharlotte Pass (Australia)451 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaThredbo (Australia)455 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaFalls Creek (Australia)511 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Crescent Head:
- Closest city locationPort Macquarie (Australia)17 mi
- Second closest city locationCoffs Harbour (Australia)62 mi
- Third closest city locationPort Stephens (Australia)117 mi
- Fourth closest city locationTamworth (Australia)121 mi
- Fifth closest city locationNewcastle (Australia)139 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Crescent Head is Coffs Harbour (Coff's Harbour) Airport (CFS) in Australia, which is 97 km (60 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Crescent Head is Tamworth Airport (TMW), also in Australia, 204 km (127 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Crescent Head, NSW - Port Macquarie. Use the tab navigation above to view Crescent Head sea temperature, Crescent Head photographs, Crescent Head detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Crescent Head webcams, current wind from NSW - Port Macquarie live weather stations and Crescent Head tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Crescent Head.