Crescent Spot ID
Best: Swell WNW | Wind SSE
Sea Temperature Today is: 12.8 °C
Crescent is a beach break suitable for beginners and intermediates. Needs a powerful west to northwest swell to work. Best at mid to high tide, but at dead high tide it can get flat for about 45 minutes. S-SW offshores produce the best conditions. It can get closed out at 6' surf size and above, unless there are strong SW or SE offshores...kayakers welcome. Salt Creek state park is adjacent to the east end of the bay. Crescent is a private beach and with a reasonable day fee, you get parking and a hot shower.
For Crescent Bay, Washington, 2 km from Crescent.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Port Angeles, 10 km from Crescent.
At Neah Bay Buoy, 52 miles from Crescent.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||10||11||11||10|
Overall Crescent Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
This chart shows the range of swells directed at Crescent through an average September ... (show all text)
This image illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Crescent surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Washington surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Crescent
Tide stations nearest to Crescent:
- Closest tide stationCrescent Bay1 mi
- Second closest tide stationBecher Bay10 mi
- Third closest tide stationHalls Boathouse11 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationTwin Rivers, Strait of Juan de Fuca11 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPedder Bay12 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Crescent:
- Closest ski areaHurricane Ridge (United States)15 mi
- Second closest ski areaMount Seymour (Canada)87 mi
- Third closest ski areaCypress Mountain (Canada)88 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaGrouse Mountain (Canada)88 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaThe Summit at Snoqualmie (United States)88 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Crescent:
- Closest city locationVictoria (Canada)24 mi
- Second closest city locationNorth Cowichan (Canada)47 mi
- Third closest city locationBremerton (United States)65 mi
- Fourth closest city locationMount Vernon (United States)66 mi
- Fifth closest city locationEdmonds (United States)67 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Crescent is Port Angeles Cgas Airport (NOW) in USA, 22 km (14 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Crescent is Victoria International Airport (YYJ) in Canada, 58 km (36 miles) away.
- Third is Whidbey Island Nas Airport (NUW) in USA, 81 km (50 miles) away.
- Nanaimo Airport (YCD) in Canada is 100 km (62 miles) away.
- Snohomish Co (Everett) Airport (PAE) in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Crescent and is 110 km (68 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Crescent, Washington. Use the tab navigation above to view Crescent sea temperature, Crescent photographs, Crescent detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Crescent webcams, current wind from Washington live weather stations and Crescent tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Crescent.