Coves Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(New Georgia, Solomon Islands)
Coves Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.9 °C
Coves in New Georgia is an exposed reef break that has very reliable surf. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. The best wind direction is from the northeast. Groundswells are more common than windswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. A reef breaks left. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Hazards include coral and sharks.
Overall Coves Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
This chart illustrates the range of swells directed at Coves through an average April. ... (show all text)
This image describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Coves surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to New Georgia surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Coves
Visitor Reviews of Coves
Tide stations nearest to Coves:
- Closest tide stationNususonga20 mi
- Second closest tide stationBlackett Strait34 mi
- Third closest tide stationViru35 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLolomo Passage43 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationGizo Anchorage45 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Coves:
- Closest ski areaSelwyn Snowfields (Australia)1966 mi
- Second closest ski areaPerisher (Australia)1999 mi
- Third closest ski areaCharlotte Pass (Australia)2002 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaThredbo (Australia)2008 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMount Buffalo (Australia)2050 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Coves:
- Closest city locationHoniara (Solomon Islands)194 mi
- Second closest city locationArawa (Papua New Guinea)203 mi
- Third closest city locationKokopo (Papua New Guinea)451 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPopondetta (Papua New Guinea)616 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPort Moresby (Papua New Guinea)693 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Coves is Port Moresby Jacksons International Airport (POM) in Papua New Guinea, which is 1105 km (686 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Coves is Nadzab Airport (LAE), also in Papua New Guinea, 1182 km (734 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Coves, New Georgia. Use the tab navigation above to view Coves sea temperature, Coves photographs, Coves detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Coves webcams, current wind from New Georgia live weather stations and Coves tide predictions. The Solomon Islands swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Solomon Islands and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Solomon Islands wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Coves.