Cote Sauvage Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell WSW | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 22.9 °C
Cote Sauvage in Pointe Noire is an exposed beach and reef break that has quite consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds blow from the northwest and there is no shelter here from cross shore breezes. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the west southwest. The beach breaks are all lefts and there is left hand reef break too. Rarely crowded here. Watch out for .
Overall Cote Sauvage Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The graph describes the combination of swells directed at Cote Sauvage through an avera... (show all text)
The rose diagram shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Cote Sauvage surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Pointe Noire surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Cote Sauvage
Tide stations nearest to Cote Sauvage:
- Closest tide stationPointe Noire, Congo2 mi
- Second closest tide stationLoandjili4 mi
- Third closest tide stationCabinda57 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSanto Antonio, Zaire97 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationN'zeto181 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Cote Sauvage:
- Closest ski areaAfri-Ski (Lesotho)1994 mi
- Second closest ski areaMatroosberg (South Africa)2037 mi
- Third closest ski areaTiffindell (South Africa)2071 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaOukaimeden (Morocco)2810 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMichlifen (Morocco)2867 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Cote Sauvage:
- Closest city locationPointe-Noire (Congo)4 mi
- Second closest city locationCabinda (Angola)57 mi
- Third closest city locationDolisie (Congo)71 mi
- Fourth closest city locationTshela (Democratic Republic of the Congo)76 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSoyo (Angola)98 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Cote Sauvage is Pointe Noire (Pointe-noire) Airport (PNR) in Congo, 5 km (3 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Cote Sauvage is Cabinda Airport (CAB) in Angola, 95 km (59 miles) away.
- Third is Dolisie (Loudima) Airport (DIS) in Congo, 113 km (70 miles) away.
- Muanda Airport (MNB) in Zaire is 136 km (84 miles) away.
- Soyo Airport (SZA) in Angola is the fifth nearest airport to Cote Sauvage and is 159 km (99 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Cote Sauvage, Pointe Noire. Use the tab navigation above to view Cote Sauvage sea temperature, Cote Sauvage photographs, Cote Sauvage detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Cote Sauvage webcams, current wind from Pointe Noire live weather stations and Cote Sauvage tide predictions. The Republic of the Congo swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Republic of the Congo and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Republic of the Congo wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Cote Sauvage.