Costellos Spot ID
Best: Swell SE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 16.7 °C
Costellos in New Hampshire is an exposed reef break that has inconsistent surf with no particular seasonal pattern. Offshore winds blow from the west. Groundswells and windswells are equally likely and the optimum swell angle is from the southeast. A left hand reef break. Best around high tide. A popular wave that can get growded. Take care of rocks and pollution.
For Hampton, 5 km from Costellos.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-IOSN3, 13 km from Costellos.
|near gales from the ENE|
At Western Maine Shelf Buoy, 24 miles from Costellos.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||5||6||8||6|
Overall Costellos Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
The graph shows the range of swells directed at Costellos through an average September,... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Costellos surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to New Hampshire surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Costellos
- The closest passenger airport to Costellos is Laurence G Hanscom Fld (Bedford) Airport (BED) in USA, 68 km (42 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Costellos is General Edward Lawrence Logan International (Boston) Airport (BOS), also in USA, 68 km (42 miles) away.
- Third is Portland International Jetport Airport (PWM) in USA, 86 km (53 miles) away.
- North Central State (Smithfield) Airport (SFZ) in USA is 128 km (80 miles) away.
- Otis Angb (Falmouth) Airport (FMH), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Costellos and is 145 km (90 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Costellos, New Hampshire. Use the tab navigation above to view Costellos sea temperature, Costellos photographs, Costellos detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Costellos webcams, current wind from New Hampshire live weather stations and Costellos tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Costellos.