Costa Nova Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
Costa Nova Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.8 °C
Costa Nova in North Portugal is an exposed beach/jetty break that has fairly consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Works best in offshore winds from the east. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell angle is from the west. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Sometimes crowded. Take care of pollution, rips.
Overall Costa Nova Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This picture shows the variation of swells directed at Costa Nova through an average Ma... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Costa Nova surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Beira surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Costa Nova
Visitor Reviews of Costa Nova
Tide stations nearest to Costa Nova:
- Closest tide stationAveiro1 mi
- Second closest tide stationEsmoriz24 mi
- Third closest tide stationEspinho26 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSao Felix da Marinha29 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationArcozelo30 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Costa Nova:
- Closest ski areaSerra da Estrela (Portugal)68 mi
- Second closest ski areaManzaneda (Spain)135 mi
- Third closest ski areaSierra de Bejar-La Covatilla (Spain)162 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaLeitariegos (Spain)198 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaValgrande-Pajares (Spain)224 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Costa Nova:
- Closest city locationAveiro (Portugal)6 mi
- Second closest city locationCanidelo (Portugal)34 mi
- Third closest city locationCoimbra (Portugal)34 mi
- Fourth closest city locationVila Nova de Gaia (Portugal)35 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPorto (Portugal)37 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Costa Nova is Porto Airport (OPO) in Acores, which is 69 km (43 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Costa Nova is Vila Real Airport (VRL), also in Acores, 113 km (70 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Vigo Airport (VGO) in Spain, 179 km (111 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Costa Nova, Beira. Use the tab navigation above to view Costa Nova sea temperature, Costa Nova photographs, Costa Nova detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Costa Nova webcams, current wind from Beira live weather stations and Costa Nova tide predictions. The Portugal swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Portugal and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Portugal wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Costa Nova.