Corona Del Mar Jetty Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSW | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.9 °C
Corona Del Mar Jetty in Orange County is a quite exposed beach break that has quite reliable surf. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. The best wind direction is from the north. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the optimum swell angle is from the south southwest. The beach breaks offers right-handers. Best around low tide. When the surf is up, crowds are likely Hazards include rocks, locals and pollution.
For Newport Bay Entrance, California, 2 km from Corona Del Mar Jetty.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Corona Del Mar, 2 km from Corona Del Mar Jetty.
At Santa Monica Basin Buoy, 69 miles from Corona Del Mar Jetty.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||14||14||14||14|
Overall Corona Del Mar Jetty Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The figure illustrates the combination of swells directed at Corona Del Mar Jetty throu... (show all text)
This chart describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Corona Del Mar Jetty surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Orange County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Corona Del Mar Jetty
Visitor Reviews of Corona Del Mar Jetty
“It's sort of a joke that this place is even mentioned. It is not a "Surf Spot" it is a novelty wave on the "very" rare occasion that it breaks which is 0-3 times per year. It only breaks when it is big enough to be a danger to 98% of beach going folks so it should not in anyway be considered a "Surf Spot", but everybody who would ever surf here knows that anyway. And the final kicker is that if this wave is actually breaking, everywhere, and I mean EVERYWHERE is having the best day of the year so again, complete novelty and throw away surf session for anyway who would even bother. Cheers Mates.”
OZ OZ OZ OI OI OI from UNITED STATES - 09 Oct 2013
Tide stations nearest to Corona Del Mar Jetty:
- Closest tide stationNewport Bay Entrance1 mi
- Second closest tide stationBalboa Pier, Newport Beach2 mi
- Third closest tide stationNewport Bay Entrance, Corona del Mar (2)2 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSanta Ana River entrance (inside)6 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationLaguna Beach6 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Corona Del Mar Jetty:
- Closest ski areaMt Baldy (United States)44 mi
- Second closest ski areaMountain High resort (United States)55 mi
- Third closest ski areaSunrise Ski Area (United States)56 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSnow Valley (United States)65 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSnow Summit (United States)71 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Corona Del Mar Jetty:
- Closest city locationNewport Beach (United States)4 mi
- Second closest city locationCosta Mesa (United States)6 mi
- Third closest city locationIrvine (United States)7 mi
- Fourth closest city locationAliso Viejo (United States)9 mi
- Fifth closest city locationHuntington Beach (United States)9 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Corona Del Mar Jetty is John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA) in USA, 9 km (6 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Corona Del Mar Jetty is Tustin Mcaf Airport (NTK), also in USA, 14 km (9 miles) away.
- Third is Long Beach Airport (LGB) in USA, 36 km (22 miles) away.
- Riverside Muni Airport (RAL) in USA is 56 km (35 miles) away.
- Jack Northrop Fld Hawthorne Muni Airport (HHR), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Corona Del Mar Jetty and is 57 km (35 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Corona Del Mar Jetty, CAL - Orange County. Use the tab navigation above to view Corona Del Mar Jetty sea temperature, Corona Del Mar Jetty photographs, Corona Del Mar Jetty detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Corona Del Mar Jetty webcams, current wind from CAL - Orange County live weather stations and Corona Del Mar Jetty tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Corona Del Mar Jetty.