Corolla Lighthouse Spot ID
Best: Swell SE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 23.5 °C
Corolla Lighthouse in North Carolina is an exposed beach break that has consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds blow from the southwest. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the best swell direction is from the southeast. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It very rarely gets crowded here. Beware of sharks,jellyfish,sea-lice.
For Currituck Beach Light, North Carolina, 1 km from Corolla Lighthouse.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Currituck County Airport (NC), 17 km from Corolla Lighthouse.
|light winds from the SSW|
At Virginia Beach Buoy, 57 miles from Corolla Lighthouse.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||8||8||8||7|
Overall Corolla Lighthouse Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This chart illustrates the range of swells directed at Corolla Lighthouse through an av... (show all text)
This image describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Corolla Lighthouse surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Carolina North surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Corolla Lighthouse
Tide stations nearest to Corolla Lighthouse:
- Closest tide stationCurrituck Beach Light1 mi
- Second closest tide stationDuck Pier, outside14 mi
- Third closest tide stationFRF Pier, Duck14 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationFalse Cape16 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationKitty Hawk (ocean)21 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Corolla Lighthouse:
- Closest ski areaWintergreen Resort198 mi
- Second closest ski areaMassanutten215 mi
- Third closest ski areaBryce Resort231 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaThe Homestead Ski Area247 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSki Liberty248 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Corolla Lighthouse:
- Closest city locationVirginia Beach34 mi
- Second closest city locationChesapeake40 mi
- Third closest city locationNorfolk41 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPortsmouth42 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPortsmouth Heights43 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Corolla Lighthouse is Elizabeth City Cgas Rgnl Airport (ECG) in USA, 34 km (21 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Corolla Lighthouse is Oceana Nas Airport (NTU), also in USA, 52 km (32 miles) away.
- Third is Norfolk International Airport (ORF) in USA, 66 km (41 miles) away.
- Norfolk Ns Airport (NGU) in USA is 74 km (46 miles) away.
- Langley Afb (Hampton) Airport (LFI), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Corolla Lighthouse and is 91 km (57 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Corolla Lighthouse, Carolina North. Use the tab navigation above to view Corolla Lighthouse sea temperature, Corolla Lighthouse photographs, Corolla Lighthouse detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Corolla Lighthouse webcams, current wind from Carolina North live weather stations and Corolla Lighthouse tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Corolla Lighthouse.