Cornish Reef Spot ID
Photo credit: Jeff Copner
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 10.7 °C
Cornish Reef in County Clare is an exposed reef break that has quite reliable surf and can work at any time of the year. Works best in offshore winds from the east. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the west. A left hand reef. Best around mid tide. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Take care of rocks and rips.
Overall Cornish Reef Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in December
This image describes the combination of swells directed at Cornish Reef through an aver... (show all text)
The graph shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ove... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Cornish Reef surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Clare surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Cornish Reef
Ski Resorts closest to Cornish Reef:
- Closest ski areaRaise (United Kingdom)284 mi
- Second closest ski areaYad Moss (United Kingdom)313 mi
- Third closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre (United Kingdom)314 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaGlencoe Mountain Resort (United Kingdom)315 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaHarwood Common (United Kingdom)316 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Cornish Reef is Shannon Airport (SNN) in Ireland, 38 km (24 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Cornish Reef is Galway Airport (GWY), also in Ireland, 53 km (33 miles) away.
- Third is Kerry Airport (KIR) in Ireland, 81 km (50 miles) away.
- Connaught Airport (NOC) in Ireland is 118 km (73 miles) away.
- Cork Airport (ORK), also in Ireland is the fifth nearest airport to Cornish Reef and is 133 km (83 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Cornish Reef, Clare. Use the tab navigation above to view Cornish Reef sea temperature, Cornish Reef photographs, Cornish Reef detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Cornish Reef webcams, current wind from Clare live weather stations and Cornish Reef tide predictions. The Ireland swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ireland and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ireland wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Cornish Reef.