Corners Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell S | Wind ESE
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.5 °C
Corners in Tongatapu is a fairly exposed reef break that has quite reliable surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Ideal winds are from the southeast. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the southwest. A left hand reef break. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Beware of coral.
Overall Corners Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This picture shows the range of swells directed at Corners over a normal June. It is ba... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Corners surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Tongatapu surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Corners
Tide stations nearest to Corners:
- Closest tide stationNuku'Alofa9 mi
- Second closest tide stationNuku`alofa10 mi
- Third closest tide stationNomuka Islands66 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLifuka Island Islands109 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationLifuka, Ha`apai Group109 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Corners:
- Closest ski areaWhakapapa (New Zealand)1366 mi
- Second closest ski areaTukino (New Zealand)1368 mi
- Third closest ski areaTuroa (New Zealand)1372 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaManganui (New Zealand)1407 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaRainbow (New Zealand)1594 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Corners:
- Closest city locationSuva (Fiji)454 mi
- Second closest city locationLabasa (Fiji)472 mi
- Third closest city locationNandi (Fiji)524 mi
- Fourth closest city locationLautoka (Fiji)526 mi
- Fifth closest city locationApia (Samoa)547 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Corners is Fua Amotu International (Tongatapu) Airport (TBU) in Tonga, which is 27 km (17 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Corners is Haapai (Ha'apai) Airport (HPA), also in Tonga, 178 km (111 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Corners, Tongatapu. Use the tab navigation above to view Corners sea temperature, Corners photographs, Corners detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Corners webcams, current wind from Tongatapu live weather stations and Corners tide predictions. The Tonga swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Tonga and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Tonga wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Corners.