Control Tower/Airport Reef Spot ID
Best: Swell NNE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 28.2 °C
Control Tower/Airport Reef in - is an exposed reef break that has dependable surf. Autumn and winter are the best times of year for waves. Offshore winds blow from the southwest. Windswells are much more typical than groudswells and the best wave direction is from the north northeast. Reef breaks provide lefts and rights. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Hazards include rocks, coral, urchins and rips.
For Belham Valley Rivermouth, 9 km from Control Tower/Airport Reef.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Coolidge/Antigua Airport, 56 km from Control Tower/Airport Reef.
|light winds from the E|
Dry and partly cloudy
At Eastern Caribbean Buoy, 91 miles from Control Tower/Airport Reef.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||8||8||8||7|
Overall Control Tower/Airport Reef Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The figure shows the range of swells directed at Control Tower/Airport Reef over a norm... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Control Tower/Airport Reef surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Caribbean surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Control Tower/Airport Reef
Tide stations nearest to Control Tower/Airport Reef:
- Closest tide stationSaint Johns, Antigua32 mi
- Second closest tide stationSainte-Rose44 mi
- Third closest tide stationPointe-Noire44 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationAnse-Bertrand48 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPort-Louis49 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Control Tower/Airport Reef:
- Closest ski areaWintergreen Resort (United States)1779 mi
- Second closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort (United States)1780 mi
- Third closest ski areaAppalachian Ski Mountain (United States)1797 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaYawgoo Valley (United States)1800 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)1804 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Control Tower/Airport Reef:
- Closest city locationBaie-Mahault (Guadeloupe)51 mi
- Second closest city locationLes Abymes (Guadeloupe)55 mi
- Third closest city locationLe Gosier (Guadeloupe)59 mi
- Fourth closest city locationFort-De-France (Martinique)166 mi
- Fifth closest city locationLe Lamentin (Martinique)168 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Control Tower/Airport Reef is V C Bird International (Antigua) Airport (ANU) in Leeward Islands, 57 km (35 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Control Tower/Airport Reef is Robert L Bradshaw (Basse Terre) Airport (SKB) in St. Kitts & Nevis, 85 km (53 miles) away.
- Third is Le Raizet (Pointe-a-pitre) Airport (PTP) in Antilles, 87 km (54 miles) away.
- F D Roosevelt (Oranjestad) Airport (EUX) in Antilles is 120 km (75 miles) away.
- Gustavia/st.barthel (St.-barthelemy) Airport (SBH), also in Antilles is the fifth nearest airport to Control Tower/Airport Reef and is 146 km (91 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Control Tower/Airport Reef, Caribbean. Use the tab navigation above to view Control Tower/Airport Reef sea temperature, Control Tower/Airport Reef photographs, Control Tower/Airport Reef detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Control Tower/Airport Reef webcams, current wind from Caribbean live weather stations and Control Tower/Airport Reef tide predictions. The Montserrat swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Montserrat and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Montserrat wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Control Tower/Airport Reef.