Connecticut Street Jetty Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Long Island New York, USA)
Connecticut Street Jetty Spot ID
Best: Swell S | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 14.0 °C
Connecticut Street Jetty in Long Island New Yorkis a breakwater break. Offshore winds blow from the north. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the south. Rarely crowded here. Beware of - Rips / undertow - Rocks - Localism.
For East Rockaway Inlet, Long Island, New York, 4 km from Connecticut Street Jetty.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At New York City/JFK Airport, 8 km from Connecticut Street Jetty.
|fresh winds from the S|
Dry and partly cloudy
At New York Harbour Buoy, 15 miles from Connecticut Street Jetty.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||4||5||4||4|
Overall Connecticut Street Jetty Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The rose diagram shows the range of swells directed at Connecticut Street Jetty over a ... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Connecticut Street Jetty surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Long Island NY surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Connecticut Street Jetty
Visitor Reviews of Connecticut Street Jetty
“In VN now and live normally a block from Ct ave. Review pretty much on but Ct Ave is in the city of Long Beach although Atlantic Beach is right there. Typical NE beach break. Summer on shores mandate dawn patrols before the on shores start. Sept can be world class when hurricane swells start with uncrowded conditions. Locals mainly but we are friendly if others are courteous and knowledgable. Beginners cant get in front and block things. be careful of the predominant east to west drift or you'll end up in the jetty especially during a large SE swell with NE winds. VN in Jan has strong on shores all day where I am, just north of Mui NE good only for kite or wind surfing.”
Surfpuck from VIETNAM - 31 Jan 2012
Tide stations nearest to Connecticut Street Jetty:
- Closest tide stationEast Rockaway Inlet, Long Island2 mi
- Second closest tide stationLong Beach (outer coast), Long Island2 mi
- Third closest tide stationWoodmere, Brosewere Bay, Long Island2 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLong Beach, Long Island3 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationEast Rockaway, Long Island4 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Connecticut Street Jetty:
- Closest ski areaCampgaw Mountain (United States)42 mi
- Second closest ski areaTuxedo Ridge Ski Center (United States)46 mi
- Third closest ski areaSterling Forest Ski Center (United States)53 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMt Peter Ski Area (United States)58 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaHidden Valley Club (United States)60 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Connecticut Street Jetty:
- Closest city locationLong Beach (United States)2 mi
- Second closest city locationOceanside (United States)5 mi
- Third closest city locationValley Stream (United States)6 mi
- Fourth closest city locationJohn F Kennedy International Airport (United States)6 mi
- Fifth closest city locationNorth Valley Stream (United States)7 mi
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Connecticut Street Jetty, Long Island NY. Use the tab navigation above to view Connecticut Street Jetty sea temperature, Connecticut Street Jetty photographs, Connecticut Street Jetty detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Connecticut Street Jetty webcams, current wind from Long Island NY live weather stations and Connecticut Street Jetty tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Connecticut Street Jetty.