El Confital Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 18.0 °C
Confital in Gran Canaria is an exposed beach and reef break that has very consistent waves, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Offshore winds are from the east. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the west. A right hand reef break. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It's often crowded here. Watch out for rocks,crowds.
For Puerto de la Luz, Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, 2 km from El Confital.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Avenida Pintor Felo Monzon Las Palmas De Gran Canaria wx, 6 km from El Confital.
Overall El Confital Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in March
The graph describes the variation of swells directed at El Confital through an average ... (show all text)
The rose diagram shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single El Confital surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Gran Canaria surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of El Confital
- The closest passenger airport to El Confital is Gran Canaria Airport (LPA) in Canary Islands, 26 km (16 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to El Confital is Tenerife Norte Airport (TFN), also in Canary Islands, 95 km (59 miles) away.
- Third is Tenerife Sur Airport (TFS) in Canary Islands, 112 km (70 miles) away.
- Fuerteventura Airport (FUE) in Canary Islands is 158 km (98 miles) away.
- Lanzarote (Lanzerote) Airport (ACE), also in Canary Islands is the fifth nearest airport to El Confital and is 200 km (124 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for El Confital, Gran Canaria. Use the tab navigation above to view El Confital sea temperature, El Confital photographs, El Confital detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, El Confital webcams, current wind from Gran Canaria live weather stations and El Confital tide predictions. The Spain (Africa) swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Spain (Africa) and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Spain (Africa) wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around El Confital.