Columbia St Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(North Carolina, USA)
Columbia St Spot ID
Best: Swell NE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 22.3 °C
Columbia St in North Carolina is a reasonably exposed beach break that has reliable surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the northwest. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the northeast. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Good surf at all stages of the tide. A popular wave that can get growded. The crowds in the water make a gath helmet a good idea.
Overall Columbia St Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The graph illustrates the combination of swells directed at Columbia St through a typic... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different dir... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Columbia St surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Carolina North surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Columbia St
Visitor Reviews of Columbia St
Tide stations nearest to Columbia St:
- Closest tide stationWrightsville Beach1 mi
- Second closest tide stationMasonboro Inlet2 mi
- Third closest tide stationOgden5 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMyrtle Grove7 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSilver Lake8 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Columbia St:
- Closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort (United States)242 mi
- Second closest ski areaAppalachian Ski Mountain (United States)257 mi
- Third closest ski areaWintergreen Resort (United States)262 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSugar Mountain (United States)266 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaHawksnest (United States)268 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Columbia St:
- Closest city locationWilmington (United States)7 mi
- Second closest city locationJacksonville (United States)43 mi
- Third closest city locationMyrtle Beach (United States)72 mi
- Fourth closest city locationGoldsboro (United States)82 mi
- Fifth closest city locationFayetteville (United States)88 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Columbia St is Wilmington International Airport (ILM) in USA, 12 km (7 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Columbia St is New River Mcas (Jacksonville) Airport (NCA), also in USA, 65 km (40 miles) away.
- Third is Cherry Point Mcas Airport (NKT) in USA, 114 km (71 miles) away.
- Craven Co Rgnl (New Bern) Airport (EWN) in USA is 118 km (73 miles) away.
- Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Columbia St and is 120 km (75 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Columbia St, Carolina North. Use the tab navigation above to view Columbia St sea temperature, Columbia St photographs, Columbia St detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Columbia St webcams, current wind from Carolina North live weather stations and Columbia St tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Columbia St.