Colas Spot ID
Photo credit: Blue k safari Maldives.
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.6 °C
Colas in North Male Atoll is an exposed reef break that has fairly consistent surf. The surf tends to be best in the spring. Offshore winds blow from the northwest. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the southeast. A reef breaks right. It very rarely gets crowded here. Rocks are a hazard.
Overall Colas Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
The rose diagram shows the range of swells directed at Colas over a normal September, b... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Colas surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to North Male Atoll surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Colas
Tide stations nearest to Colas:
- Closest tide stationMaale31 mi
- Second closest tide stationNaifaru75 mi
- Third closest tide stationKulhudhuffushi159 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationThinadhoo271 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMinicoy Island, Lakshadweep272 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Colas:
- Closest ski areaAuli (India)1850 mi
- Second closest ski areaKufri (India)1866 mi
- Third closest ski areaManali (Himachal Heli-Ski) (India)1940 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSolang Valley Ropeway & Ski Centre (India)1943 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaGulmarg (India)2051 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Colas:
- Closest city locationMale (Maldives)31 mi
- Second closest city locationThiruvananthapuram (India)363 mi
- Third closest city locationNeyyattinkara (India)364 mi
- Fourth closest city locationVarkkallai (India)366 mi
- Fifth closest city locationAttingal (India)369 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Colas is Male International Airport (MLE) in Maldives, which is 26 km (16 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Colas is Thiruvananthapuram International (Trivandrum) Airport (TRV) in India, 581 km (361 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Colas, North Male Atoll. Use the tab navigation above to view Colas sea temperature, Colas photographs, Colas detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Colas webcams, current wind from North Male Atoll live weather stations and Colas tide predictions. The Maldives swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Maldives and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Maldives wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Colas.