Cojo Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 16.8 °C
Cojo in Santa Barbara is a fairly exposed beach and reef break that has quite reliable surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds blow from the north. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the best swell direction is from the southwest.. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Beware of rips and rocks.
At Cojo (0 km).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At SHIP2357, 18 km from Cojo.
|light winds from the W|
At Santa Barbara Buoy, 12 miles from Cojo.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||13||15||15||15|
Overall Cojo Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This image shows the combination of swells directed at Cojo over a normal July. It is b... (show all text)
The graph illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Cojo surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Santa Barbara surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Cojo
Visitor Reviews of Cojo
Tide stations nearest to Cojo:
- Closest tide stationGaviota12 mi
- Second closest tide stationOil Platform Harvest (Topex Project)14 mi
- Third closest tide stationPoint Arguello16 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationCuyler Harbor, San Miguel Island28 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationIsla Vista33 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Cojo:
- Closest ski areaAlta Sierra at Shirley Meadows (United States)137 mi
- Second closest ski areaMountain High resort (United States)157 mi
- Third closest ski areaMt Baldy (United States)157 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSunrise Ski Area (United States)157 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSnow Valley (United States)195 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Cojo:
- Closest city locationLompoc (United States)13 mi
- Second closest city locationOrcutt (United States)29 mi
- Third closest city locationGoleta (United States)35 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSanta Maria (United States)35 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSanta Barbara (United States)41 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Cojo is Vandenberg Afb (Lompoc) Airport (VBG) in USA, 34 km (21 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Cojo is Point Mugu Nas Airport (NTD), also in USA, 126 km (78 miles) away.
- Third is Meadows Fld (Bakersfield) Airport (BFL) in USA, 167 km (104 miles) away.
- Burbank Glendale Pasadena Airport (BUR) in USA is 193 km (120 miles) away.
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Cojo and is 195 km (121 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Cojo, CAL - Santa Barbara. Use the tab navigation above to view Cojo sea temperature, Cojo photographs, Cojo detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Cojo webcams, current wind from CAL - Santa Barbara live weather stations and Cojo tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Cojo.