Coatham Sands Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Best: Swell N | Wind SSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 6.5 °C
Coatham Sands in North East England is a fairly exposed beach and reef break that has inconsistent surf. Winter and spring are the optimum times of year to visit. Offshore winds blow from the west southwest. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the north. Waves at the beach are both lefts and rights together with both left and right hand reef breaks offshore.. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Take care of pollution/groynes.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to North East England surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Coatham Sands
- The closest passenger airport to Coatham Sands is Teesside Airport (MME) in England, 25 km (16 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Coatham Sands is Newcastle Airport (NCL), also in England, 60 km (37 miles) away.
- Third is Leeds Bradford Airport (LBA) in England, 92 km (57 miles) away.
- Carlisle Airport (CAX) in England is 116 km (72 miles) away.
- Humberside Airport (HUY), also in England is the fifth nearest airport to Coatham Sands and is 126 km (78 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Coatham Sands, North East England. Use the tab navigation above to view Coatham Sands sea temperature, Coatham Sands photographs, Coatham Sands detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Coatham Sands webcams, current wind from North East England live weather stations and Coatham Sands tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Coatham Sands.