Coastguard Beach Spot ID
Best: Swell SE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 20.4 °C
Coastguard Beach in Massachusetts is an exposed beach break that has dependable surf and can work at any time of the year. Ideal winds are from the west. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southeast. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Best around low tide when the tide is falling. A fairly popluar wave that can sometimes get crowded Take care of rips and sharks.
For Eastham, 2 km from Coastguard Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Orleans, 4 km from Coastguard Beach.
|light winds from the W|
At Nantucket Sound Buoy, 30 miles from Coastguard Beach.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||6||8||6||7|
Overall Coastguard Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This chart shows the variation of swells directed at Coastguard Beach through an averag... (show all text)
This image illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Coastguard Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Massachusetts surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Coastguard Beach
Visitor Reviews of Coastguard Beach
Tide stations nearest to Coastguard Beach:
- Closest tide stationEastham1 mi
- Second closest tide stationNauset Harbor2 mi
- Third closest tide stationPleasant Bay, Cape Cod7 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPleasant Bay7 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationWellfleet7 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Coastguard Beach:
- Closest ski areaBlue Hills (United States)66 mi
- Second closest ski areaBradford Ski Area (United States)81 mi
- Third closest ski areaYawgoo Valley (United States)85 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaNashoba Valley (United States)87 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSki Ward Ski Area (United States)95 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Coastguard Beach:
- Closest city locationDennis (United States)14 mi
- Second closest city locationYarmouth (United States)17 mi
- Third closest city locationBarnstable (United States)21 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSandwich (United States)29 mi
- Fifth closest city locationBourne (United States)34 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Coastguard Beach is Otis Angb (Falmouth) Airport (FMH) in USA, 52 km (32 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Coastguard Beach is Nantucket Mem Airport (ACK), also in USA, 65 km (40 miles) away.
- Third is General Edward Lawrence Logan International (Boston) Airport (BOS) in USA, 105 km (65 miles) away.
- Theodore Francis Green State (Providence) Airport (PVD) in USA is 124 km (77 miles) away.
- North Central State (Smithfield) Airport (SFZ), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Coastguard Beach and is 128 km (80 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Coastguard Beach, Massachusetts. Use the tab navigation above to view Coastguard Beach sea temperature, Coastguard Beach photographs, Coastguard Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Coastguard Beach webcams, current wind from Massachusetts live weather stations and Coastguard Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Coastguard Beach.