Coastguard Beach Spot ID
Best: Swell SE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 6.2 °C
Coastguard Beach in Massachusetts is an exposed beach break that has dependable surf and can work at any time of the year. Ideal winds are from the west. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southeast. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Best around low tide when the tide is falling. A fairly popluar wave that can sometimes get crowded Take care of rips and sharks.
For Eastham, 2 km from Coastguard Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At North Eastham wx, 2 km from Coastguard Beach.
|light winds from the NNE|
At Nantucket Sound Buoy, 30 miles from Coastguard Beach.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||5||5||6||5|
Overall Coastguard Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in January
The rose diagram shows the range of swells directed at Coastguard Beach through a typic... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Coastguard Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Massachusetts surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Coastguard Beach
- The closest passenger airport to Coastguard Beach is Otis Angb (Falmouth) Airport (FMH) in USA, 52 km (32 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Coastguard Beach is Nantucket Mem Airport (ACK), also in USA, 65 km (40 miles) away.
- Third is General Edward Lawrence Logan International (Boston) Airport (BOS) in USA, 105 km (65 miles) away.
- Theodore Francis Green State (Providence) Airport (PVD) in USA is 124 km (77 miles) away.
- North Central State (Smithfield) Airport (SFZ), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Coastguard Beach and is 128 km (80 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Coastguard Beach, Massachusetts. Use the tab navigation above to view Coastguard Beach sea temperature, Coastguard Beach photographs, Coastguard Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Coastguard Beach webcams, current wind from Massachusetts live weather stations and Coastguard Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Coastguard Beach.