Clearwater Beach Spot ID
Photo credit: Jennifer Sullivan
Reliability: rarely breaks
Best: Swell NNW | Wind ENE
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.8 °C
Clearwater Beach in Florida is an exposed beach break. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds are from the east northeast. The short fetch makes for windswells rather than groundswells and the best wave direction is from the north northwest.. Best around high tide. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Watch out for rocks, man-made danger (buoys etc...) and locals.
For Clearwater Beach, Florida, 3 km from Clearwater Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Belleair, 3 km from Clearwater Beach.
|light winds from the NNE|
At West Tampa Buoy, 109 miles from Clearwater Beach.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||6||6||6||6|
Overall Clearwater Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
The figure illustrates the range of swells directed at Clearwater Beach over a normal O... (show all text)
This chart describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Clearwater Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Florida - Gulf surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Clearwater Beach
Visitor Reviews of Clearwater Beach
“This is probably the second best beach on the Gulf Coast next to Siesta Key, Sarasota. People are friendly, water is not dangerous, no shark attacks, or bad currents. Been living here for 10 years and I love it! Moved here from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. And the beach here completely blew me away! Definitely recommend, but if you go, go early to get past traffic so before 9:00 A.M.”
Timothy Jacobs from UNITED STATES - 01 Jul 2014
Tide stations nearest to Clearwater Beach:
- Closest tide stationClearwater Beach2 mi
- Second closest tide stationClearwater2 mi
- Third closest tide stationDunedin, Saint Joseph Sound6 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationIndian Rocks Beach (inside)6 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationBay Aristocrat Village, Old Tampa Bay7 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Clearwater Beach:
- Closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)465 mi
- Second closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)489 mi
- Third closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)491 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)496 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaCataloochee (United States)526 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Clearwater Beach:
- Closest city locationClearwater (United States)2 mi
- Second closest city locationLargo (United States)4 mi
- Third closest city locationDunedin (United States)7 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPalm Harbor (United States)10 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPinellas Park (United States)11 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Clearwater Beach is St Petersburg Clearwater International Airport (PIE) in USA, 16 km (10 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Clearwater Beach is Albert Whitted (St. Petersburg) Airport (SPG), also in USA, 29 km (18 miles) away.
- Third is Tampa International Airport (TPA) in USA, 30 km (19 miles) away.
- Macdill Afb (Tampa) Airport (MCF) in USA is 33 km (20 miles) away.
- Orlando International Airport (MCO), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Clearwater Beach and is 159 km (99 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Clearwater Beach, Florida - Gulf. Use the tab navigation above to view Clearwater Beach sea temperature, Clearwater Beach photographs, Clearwater Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Clearwater Beach webcams, current wind from Florida - Gulf live weather stations and Clearwater Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Clearwater Beach.