Cintsa West Spot ID
Best: Swell SE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 22.9 °C
Cintsa West in East London is an exposed point break that has inconsistent surf. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the northwest. Easily blown out by onshore winds Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southeast. Sometimes crowded. Beware of rocks and sharks.
Overall Cintsa West Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The figure shows the combination of swells directed at Cintsa West through an average A... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Cintsa West surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Eastern Cape - Wild Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Cintsa West
- The closest passenger airport to Cintsa West is East London Airport (ELS) in South Africa, 35 km (22 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Cintsa West is Bisho Airport (VIY), also in South Africa, 79 km (49 miles) away.
- Third is Umtata Airport (UTT) in South Africa, 152 km (94 miles) away.
- Queenstown Airport (UTW) in South Africa is 154 km (96 miles) away.
- Port Elizabeth Airport (PLZ), also in South Africa is the fifth nearest airport to Cintsa West and is 265 km (165 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Cintsa West, Eastern Cape - Wild Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Cintsa West sea temperature, Cintsa West photographs, Cintsa West detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Cintsa West webcams, current wind from Eastern Cape - Wild Coast live weather stations and Cintsa West tide predictions. The South Africa swell maps link will open up the big picture showing South Africa and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from South Africa wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Cintsa West.