Cintsa East Spot ID
Best: Swell SE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 23.6 °C
Cintsa East in East London is an exposed beach break that has inconsistent surf. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. Works best in offshore winds from the west. Light onshore winds ruin the qulaity Groundswells are more common than windswells and the best swell direction is from the southeast. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Sometimes crowded. Beware of rocks and sharks.
Overall Cintsa East Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The figure illustrates the range of swells directed at Cintsa East over a normal April,... (show all text)
This chart describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Cintsa East surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Eastern Cape - Wild Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Cintsa East
- The closest passenger airport to Cintsa East is East London Airport (ELS) in South Africa, 36 km (22 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Cintsa East is Bisho Airport (VIY), also in South Africa, 79 km (49 miles) away.
- Third is Umtata Airport (UTT) in South Africa, 152 km (94 miles) away.
- Queenstown Airport (UTW) in South Africa is 154 km (96 miles) away.
- Port Elizabeth Airport (PLZ), also in South Africa is the fifth nearest airport to Cintsa East and is 266 km (165 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Cintsa East, Eastern Cape - Wild Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Cintsa East sea temperature, Cintsa East photographs, Cintsa East detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Cintsa East webcams, current wind from Eastern Cape - Wild Coast live weather stations and Cintsa East tide predictions. The South Africa swell maps link will open up the big picture showing South Africa and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from South Africa wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Cintsa East.