Church Cove Spot ID
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 16.7 °C
Church Cove in South Cornwall is a fairly exposed beach break that only works once in a while. Summer in particular tends to be flat. Offshore winds are from the northeast. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Best around low tide. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Surfing here means negotiating dangerous rips.
Overall Church Cove Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
This chart describes the combination of swells directed at Church Cove over a normal Se... (show all text)
This image shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions th... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Church Cove surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Cornwall (South) surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Church Cove
- The closest passenger airport to Church Cove is St Mawgan (Newquai) Airport (NQY) in England, 49 km (30 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Church Cove is Plymouth Airport (PLH), also in England, 93 km (58 miles) away.
- Third is Exeter Airport (EXT) in England, 153 km (95 miles) away.
- Guipavas (Brest) Airport (BES) in France is 188 km (117 miles) away.
- Ploujean (Morlaix) Airport (MXN), also in France is the fifth nearest airport to Church Cove and is 192 km (119 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Church Cove, Cornwall (South). Use the tab navigation above to view Church Cove sea temperature, Church Cove photographs, Church Cove detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Church Cove webcams, current wind from Cornwall (South) live weather stations and Church Cove tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Church Cove.