Church Bay Spot ID
Best: Swell NW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 11.8 °C
Church Bay in Anglesy is a fairly exposed beach break that has inconsistent surf. Winter and spring are the best times of year to visit. The best wind direction is from the east with some shelter here from southwest winds. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell direction is from the northwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. Take care of rocks / rips.
Overall Church Bay Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
This picture describes the combination of swells directed at Church Bay through an aver... (show all text)
The figure shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ov... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Church Bay surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Wales - Anglesy surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Church Bay
Tide stations nearest to Church Bay:
- Closest tide stationHolyhead4 mi
- Second closest tide stationBangor20 mi
- Third closest tide stationCaernarfon20 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLlandudno, Gwynedd30 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationDeganwy30 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Church Bay:
- Closest ski areaRaise (United Kingdom)103 mi
- Second closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre (United Kingdom)113 mi
- Third closest ski areaYad Moss (United Kingdom)130 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common (United Kingdom)132 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club (United Kingdom)134 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Church Bay:
- Closest city locationColwyn Bay (United Kingdom)34 mi
- Second closest city locationRhyl (United Kingdom)44 mi
- Third closest city locationDouglas (Isle of Man)54 mi
- Fourth closest city locationHeswall (United Kingdom)60 mi
- Fifth closest city locationWallasey (United Kingdom)62 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Church Bay is Isle Of Man Airport (IOM) in England, 79 km (49 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Church Bay is Hawarden Airport (CEG), also in England, 107 km (66 miles) away.
- Third is Blackpool Airport (BLK) in England, 111 km (69 miles) away.
- Dublin Airport (DUB) in Ireland is 113 km (70 miles) away.
- Liverpool Airport (LPL) in England is the fifth nearest airport to Church Bay and is 114 km (71 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Church Bay, Wales - Anglesy. Use the tab navigation above to view Church Bay sea temperature, Church Bay photographs, Church Bay detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Church Bay webcams, current wind from Wales - Anglesy live weather stations and Church Bay tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Church Bay.