Chuns Reef Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell N | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.0 °C
Chuns Reef in Oahuis a reef break that has very consistent waves, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Offshore winds are from the southeast. Groundswells are more common than windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the north. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. Likely to be crowded if working. Beware of - Rocks.
Overall Chuns Reef Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The graph describes the range of swells directed at Chuns Reef over a normal August and... (show all text)
The rose diagram shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Chuns Reef surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Oahu surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Chuns Reef
Tide stations nearest to Chuns Reef:
- Closest tide station2 mi
- Second closest tide station10 mi
- Third closest tide station14 mi
- Fourth closest tide station15 mi
- Fifth closest tide station16 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Chuns Reef is Dillingham Airport (HDH) in Usa Oahu Isl., 14 km (9 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Chuns Reef is Kaneohe Bay Mcaf Airport (NGF), also in Usa Oahu Isl., 38 km (24 miles) away.
- Third is Honolulu International Airport (HNL) in Usa Oahu Isl., 38 km (24 miles) away.
- Molokai Airport (MKK) in Usa Molokai Isl. is 115 km (71 miles) away.
- Lihue Airport (LIH) in Usa Kauai Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Chuns Reef and is 136 km (84 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Chuns Reef, HAW - Oahu. Use the tab navigation above to view Chuns Reef sea temperature, Chuns Reef photographs, Chuns Reef detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Chuns Reef webcams, current wind from HAW - Oahu live weather stations and Chuns Reef tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Chuns Reef.