Chicago Breaks Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NNE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 8.7 °C
Chicago Breaks in Lake Michigan is an exposed beach/Jetty break that has quite consistent surf. The surf tends to be optimum in the spring. Works best in offshore winds from the southwest. Short period wind swells are the rule and the ideal wave angle is from the north northeast. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. It's sometimes crowded here. Watch out for rocks.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Lake Michigan surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Chicago Breaks
- The closest passenger airport to Chicago Breaks is Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW) in USA, 16 km (10 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Chicago Breaks is Chicago Ohare International Airport (ORD), also in USA, 37 km (23 miles) away.
- Third is Du Page (West Chicago) Airport (DPA) in USA, 59 km (37 miles) away.
- Waukegan Rgnl (Chicago) Airport (UGN) in USA is 77 km (48 miles) away.
- Greater Kankakee Airport (IKK), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Chicago Breaks and is 81 km (50 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Chicago Breaks, Lake Michigan. Use the tab navigation above to view Chicago Breaks sea temperature, Chicago Breaks photographs, Chicago Breaks detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Chicago Breaks webcams, current wind from Lake Michigan live weather stations and Chicago Breaks tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Chicago Breaks.