Charpencaye Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind SSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 28.0 °C
Charpencaye on the North Coast is an exposed reef break that has reasonably consistent surf. Winter and spring are the optimum times of year to visit. The best wind direction is from the south southwest with some shelter here from northeast winds. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the optimum swell angle is from the northeast. A right hand reef break. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Watch out for urchins, rips and rocks.
For Sainte-Marie, 5 km from Charpencaye.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Le Lamentin/Martinique Aimé Césaire International Airport, 23 km from Charpencaye.
|light winds from the ENE|
Dry and partly cloudy
Overall Charpencaye Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This image shows the variation of swells directed at Charpencaye through an average Aug... (show all text)
The graph illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dir... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Charpencaye surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Martinique surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Charpencaye
Tide stations nearest to Charpencaye:
- Closest tide stationSainte-Marie3 mi
- Second closest tide stationLe Lorrain4 mi
- Third closest tide stationPetite Riviere Salee5 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLa Trinite6 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationLe Robert10 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Charpencaye:
- Closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort (United States)1933 mi
- Second closest ski areaWintergreen Resort (United States)1934 mi
- Third closest ski areaAppalachian Ski Mountain (United States)1950 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaYawgoo Valley (United States)1951 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)1956 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Charpencaye:
- Closest city locationLe Lamentin (Martinique)14 mi
- Second closest city locationFort-De-France (Martinique)15 mi
- Third closest city locationLe Gosier (Guadeloupe)101 mi
- Fourth closest city locationLes Abymes (Guadeloupe)106 mi
- Fifth closest city locationBaie-Mahault (Guadeloupe)108 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Charpencaye is Le Lamentin (Fort-de-france) Airport (FDF) in Antilles, 24 km (15 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Charpencaye is Canefield Airport (DCF) in Dominica, 71 km (44 miles) away.
- Third is George F L Charles (Castries) Airport (SLU) in St. Lucia Island, 87 km (54 miles) away.
- Melville Hall (Dominica) Airport (DOM) in Dominica is 88 km (55 miles) away.
- Hewanorra International (Hewandorra) Airport (UVF) in St. Lucia Island is the fifth nearest airport to Charpencaye and is 119 km (74 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Charpencaye, Martinique. Use the tab navigation above to view Charpencaye sea temperature, Charpencaye photographs, Charpencaye detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Charpencaye webcams, current wind from Martinique live weather stations and Charpencaye tide predictions. The Martinique swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Martinique and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Martinique wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Charpencaye.