Charpencaye Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind SSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 28.7 °C
Charpencaye on the North Coast is an exposed reef break that has reasonably consistent surf. Winter and spring are the optimum times of year to visit. The best wind direction is from the south southwest with some shelter here from northeast winds. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the optimum swell angle is from the northeast. A right hand reef break. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Watch out for urchins, rips and rocks.
Overall Charpencaye Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This picture shows the variation of swells directed at Charpencaye through a typical Au... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Charpencaye surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Martinique surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Charpencaye
Ski Resorts closest to Charpencaye:
- Closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort (United States)1933 mi
- Second closest ski areaWintergreen Resort (United States)1934 mi
- Third closest ski areaAppalachian Ski Mountain (United States)1950 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaYawgoo Valley (United States)1951 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)1956 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Charpencaye:
- The closest passenger airport to Charpencaye is Le Lamentin (Fort-de-france) Airport (FDF) in Antilles, 24 km (15 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Charpencaye is Canefield Airport (DCF) in Dominica, 71 km (44 miles) away.
- Third is George F L Charles (Castries) Airport (SLU) in St. Lucia Island, 87 km (54 miles) away.
- Melville Hall (Dominica) Airport (DOM) in Dominica is 88 km (55 miles) away.
- Hewanorra International (Hewandorra) Airport (UVF) in St. Lucia Island is the fifth nearest airport to Charpencaye and is 119 km (74 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Charpencaye, Martinique. Use the tab navigation above to view Charpencaye sea temperature, Charpencaye photographs, Charpencaye detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Charpencaye webcams, current wind from Martinique live weather stations and Charpencaye tide predictions. The Martinique swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Martinique and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Martinique wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Charpencaye.