Cattle Grid Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.2 °C
Cattle Grid on the East Coast is an exposed reef break that has pretty consitent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the west with some shelter here from north winds. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the northeast. A left hand reef break. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Watch out for rips and rocks.
Overall Cattle Grid Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
This chart illustrates the range of swells directed at Cattle Grid over a normal Novemb... (show all text)
This image describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Cattle Grid surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to TAS - East Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Cattle Grid
Tide stations nearest to Cattle Grid:
- Closest tide stationEddystone Point38 mi
- Second closest tide stationSwan Island57 mi
- Third closest tide stationLaunceston60 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSpring Bay71 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationGeorgetown81 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Cattle Grid:
- Closest ski areaBen Lomond (Australia)29 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Mawson (Australia)117 mi
- Third closest ski areaMt St Gwinear (Australia)277 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMount Baw Baw (Australia)278 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMt Donna Buang (Australia)299 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Cattle Grid:
- Closest city locationLaunceston (Australia)60 mi
- Second closest city locationHobart (Australia)106 mi
- Third closest city locationCranbourne (Australia)287 mi
- Fourth closest city locationFrankston East (Australia)289 mi
- Fifth closest city locationGeelong (Australia)310 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Cattle Grid is Launceston Airport (LST) in Australia, which is 89 km (55 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Cattle Grid is Hobart Airport (HBA), also in Australia, 156 km (97 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Cattle Grid, TAS - East Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Cattle Grid sea temperature, Cattle Grid photographs, Cattle Grid detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Cattle Grid webcams, current wind from TAS - East Coast live weather stations and Cattle Grid tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Cattle Grid.