Castles Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.8 °C
Castles in Oahu is an exposed beach and reef break. Summer offers the optimum conditions for surfing. Works best in offshore winds from the north northeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the optimum swell angle is from the south southeast. A reef breaks left. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Beware of rocks,etc.
Overall Castles Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This image illustrates the variation of swells directed at Castles through an average M... (show all text)
The graph describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Castles surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Oahu surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Castles
- The closest passenger airport to Castles is Kaneohe Bay Mcaf Airport (NGF) in Usa Oahu Isl., 4 km (2 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Castles is Honolulu International Airport (HNL), also in Usa Oahu Isl., 22 km (14 miles) away.
- Third is Dillingham Airport (HDH) in Usa Oahu Isl., 51 km (32 miles) away.
- Molokai Airport (MKK) in Usa Molokai Isl. is 73 km (45 miles) away.
- Lanai Airport (LNY) in Usa Lanai Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Castles and is 108 km (67 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Castles, HAW - Oahu. Use the tab navigation above to view Castles sea temperature, Castles photographs, Castles detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Castles webcams, current wind from HAW - Oahu live weather stations and Castles tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Castles.