Cassino Spot ID
Best: Swell S | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.4 °C
Cassino in Rio Grande Do Sul is an exposed beach/jetty break that does not work very often. Autumn and winter are the best times of year for waves. Works best in offshore winds from the west. Groundswells are more common than windswells and the best swell direction is from the south. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. It's sometimes crowded here. Hazards include rips and currents.
Overall Cassino Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The graph shows the range of swells directed at Cassino over a normal July. It is based... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Cassino surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Rio Grande Do Sul surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Cassino
Visitor Reviews of Cassino
“Horario da tarde boa formaçao, 2m na serie, diculdade baixa.
Marlon bittencourt from BRAZIL - 24 Apr 2012
Tide stations nearest to Cassino:
- Closest tide stationRio Grande7 mi
- Second closest tide stationSao Lourenco do Sul60 mi
- Third closest tide stationTapes116 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPalmares do Sul167 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCidreira183 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Cassino:
- Closest ski areaVallecitos (Argentina)1007 mi
- Second closest ski areaLos Penitentes (Argentina)1030 mi
- Third closest ski areaLos Puquios (Argentina)1032 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaPortillo (Chile)1045 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaLas Lenas (Argentina)1048 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Cassino:
- Closest city locationRio Grande (Brazil)6 mi
- Second closest city locationPelotas (Brazil)33 mi
- Third closest city locationSao Lourenco do Sul (Brazil)60 mi
- Fourth closest city locationJaguarao (Brazil)74 mi
- Fifth closest city locationCamaqua (Brazil)96 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Cassino is Rio Grande Airport (RIG) in Brazil, which is 14 km (9 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Cassino is Pelotas Airport (PET), also in Brazil, 56 km (35 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Cerro Largo (Melo) Airport (MLZ) in Uruguay, 191 km (119 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Cassino, Rio Grande Do Sul. Use the tab navigation above to view Cassino sea temperature, Cassino photographs, Cassino detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Cassino webcams, current wind from Rio Grande Do Sul live weather stations and Cassino tide predictions. The Brazil swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Brazil and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Brazil wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Cassino.