Carlsbad City Beach Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(San Diego County, USA)
Carlsbad City Beach Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 16.1 °C
Carlsbad City Beach in San Diego County is an exposed beach break that has quite reliable surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds are from the northeast. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the optimum swell angle is from the west. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Best around high tide. It very rarely gets crowded here. Be wary of rips - they make surfing here dangerous.
For Oceanside, 4 km from Carlsbad City Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Oceanside, 2 km from Carlsbad City Beach.
|light winds from the WSW|
At San Clemente Basin Buoy, 62 miles from Carlsbad City Beach.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||10||11||8||10|
Overall Carlsbad City Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The graph shows the combination of swells directed at Carlsbad City Beach through an av... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different d... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Carlsbad City Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - San Diego County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Carlsbad City Beach
Visitor Reviews of Carlsbad City Beach
Tide stations nearest to Carlsbad City Beach:
- Closest tide stationOceanside2 mi
- Second closest tide stationCarlsbad6 mi
- Third closest tide stationSan Clemente18 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSolana Beach18 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationDana Point24 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Carlsbad City Beach:
- Closest ski areaMt Baldy (United States)70 mi
- Second closest ski areaSnow Valley (United States)72 mi
- Third closest ski areaBig Bear Mountain (United States)76 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSnow Summit (United States)76 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMountain High resort (United States)81 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Carlsbad City Beach:
- Closest city locationOceanside (United States)2 mi
- Second closest city locationCarlsbad (United States)6 mi
- Third closest city locationVista (United States)10 mi
- Fourth closest city locationFallbrook (United States)14 mi
- Fifth closest city locationEncinitas (United States)15 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Carlsbad City Beach is Miramar Mcas Airport (NKX) in USA, 47 km (29 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Carlsbad City Beach is San Diego International Lindbergh Fld Airport (SAN), also in USA, 58 km (36 miles) away.
- Third is North Island Nas (San Diego) Airport (NZY) in USA, 61 km (38 miles) away.
- Tustin Mcaf Airport (NTK) in USA is 66 km (41 miles) away.
- John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Carlsbad City Beach and is 66 km (41 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Carlsbad City Beach, CAL - San Diego County. Use the tab navigation above to view Carlsbad City Beach sea temperature, Carlsbad City Beach photographs, Carlsbad City Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Carlsbad City Beach webcams, current wind from CAL - San Diego County live weather stations and Carlsbad City Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Carlsbad City Beach.