Careneros Point Break Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind WSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.2 °C
Careneros Point Break in Bocas del Torro is an exposed point break that has very consistent surf The best wind direction is from the west southwest. Usually gets local windswells, but groundswells do happen and the ideal wave direction is from the northeast.Surfers ride left hand point. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Take care of rocks, rips etc.
For Bocas del Toro, Almirante Bay, Panama, 2 km from Careneros Point Break.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Palmira, 70 km from Careneros Point Break.
Overall Careneros Point Break Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
The figure illustrates the range of swells directed at Careneros Point Break over a nor... (show all text)
This chart describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Careneros Point Break surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Bocas del Toro surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Careneros Point Break
Visitor Reviews of Careneros Point Break
“Nice point break, working best on incoming tide.”
Maga from PANAMA - 26 Dec 2014
Tide stations nearest to Careneros Point Break:
- Closest tide stationBocas del Toro, Almirante Bay1 mi
- Second closest tide stationAlmirante12 mi
- Third closest tide stationPedregal70 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLimon71 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationGolfito81 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Careneros Point Break:
- Closest ski areaHuascaran (Peru)1316 mi
- Second closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)1746 mi
- Third closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)1774 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)1777 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)1782 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Careneros Point Break:
- Closest city locationDavid (Panama)65 mi
- Second closest city locationPuerto Limon (Costa Rica)72 mi
- Third closest city locationSan Isidro (Costa Rica)101 mi
- Fourth closest city locationTurrialba (Costa Rica)106 mi
- Fifth closest city locationParaiso (Costa Rica)117 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Careneros Point Break is Bocas Del Toro Airport (BOC) in Panama, 3 km (2 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Careneros Point Break is Cap Manuel Nino International (Changuinola) Airport (CHX), also in Panama, 34 km (21 miles) away.
- Third is Enrique Malek International (David) Airport (DAV) in Panama, 109 km (68 miles) away.
- Limon International Airport (LIO) in Costa Rica is 110 km (68 miles) away.
- Coto 47 Airport (OTR), also in Costa Rica is the fifth nearest airport to Careneros Point Break and is 117 km (73 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Careneros Point Break, Bocas del Toro. Use the tab navigation above to view Careneros Point Break sea temperature, Careneros Point Break photographs, Careneros Point Break detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Careneros Point Break webcams, current wind from Bocas del Toro live weather stations and Careneros Point Break tide predictions. The Panama swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Panama and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Panama wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Careneros Point Break.