Cape Liptrap Spot ID
Best: Swell SW | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 17.9 °C
Cape Liptrap on the East Coast is a fairly exposed reef break that only works once in a while. Winter is the favoured time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds blow from the north. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. A reef breaks right. Best around high tide. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Beware of rocks,isolated break and sharks.
For Waratah Bay, Australia, 7 km from Cape Liptrap.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At South Gippsland Sandy Point wx, 19 km from Cape Liptrap.
|light winds from the N|
Overall Cape Liptrap Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in December
This picture illustrates the variation of swells directed at Cape Liptrap over a normal... (show all text)
The figure describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Cape Liptrap surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to VIC - East Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Cape Liptrap
Other Nearby Surf Breaks closest to Cape Liptrap:(click location name for more details)
- Closest break6 mi
- Second closest break12 mi
- Third closest break19 mi
- Fourth closest break19 mi
- Fifth closest break21 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Cape Liptrap is Melbourne Moorabbin Airport (MBW) in Australia, 126 km (78 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Cape Liptrap is Melbourne Essendon Airport (MEB), also in Australia, 159 km (99 miles) away.
- Third is Avalon Airport (AVV) in Australia, 160 km (99 miles) away.
- Melbourne International Airport (MEL) in Australia is 167 km (104 miles) away.
- Launceston Airport (LST), also in Australia is the fifth nearest airport to Cape Liptrap and is 313 km (194 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Cape Liptrap, VIC - East Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Cape Liptrap sea temperature, Cape Liptrap photographs, Cape Liptrap detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Cape Liptrap webcams, current wind from VIC - East Coast live weather stations and Cape Liptrap tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Cape Liptrap.