Cape Infanta Spot ID
Photo credit: John Stewart Grundlingh
Type: beach and point
Best: Swell SE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.7 °C
Cape Infanta in Boland and Southern Cape is a quite exposed beach and point break that has inconsistent surf with no particular seasonal pattern. The best wind direction is from the west. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the south. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights Sometimes crowded. Beware of rips and rocks.
Overall Cape Infanta Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The figure illustrates the combination of swells directed at Cape Infanta over a normal... (show all text)
This chart describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Cape Infanta surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Overberg surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Cape Infanta
Visitor Reviews of Cape Infanta
“Nearest town is Swellendam or Bredarsdorp.”
missmolly from SOUTH AFRICA - 08 Dec 2010
Tide stations nearest to Cape Infanta:
- Closest tide stationMosselbaai76 mi
- Second closest tide stationHermanus93 mi
- Third closest tide stationKhayelitsha127 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationKnysna128 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCape Town144 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Cape Infanta:
- Closest ski areaMatroosberg99 mi
- Second closest ski areaTiffindell486 mi
- Third closest ski areaAfri-Ski (Lesotho)603 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaCerro Castor (Argentina)4339 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaCerro Mirador (Chile)4498 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Cape Infanta:
- Closest city locationMossel Bay75 mi
- Second closest city locationGeorge91 mi
- Third closest city locationHermanus93 mi
- Fourth closest city locationOudtshoorn96 mi
- Fifth closest city locationWorcester97 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Cape Infanta is George Airport (GRJ) in South Africa, which is 147 km (91 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Cape Infanta is Oudtshoorn Airport (DUH), also in South Africa, 152 km (94 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Cape Infanta, Overberg. Use the tab navigation above to view Cape Infanta sea temperature, Cape Infanta photographs, Cape Infanta detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Cape Infanta webcams, current wind from Overberg live weather stations and Cape Infanta tide predictions. The South Africa swell maps link will open up the big picture showing South Africa and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from South Africa wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Cape Infanta.