Canto do Leblon Spot ID
Type: beach and point
Best: Swell SE | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 22.4 °C
Canto do Leblon in Rio de Janeiro is a reasonably exposed beach and point break that has consistent surf. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the north northwest with some shelter here from west southwest winds. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the optimum swell angle is from the southeast. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights Sometimes crowded. Hazards include locals and pollution.
For Barra da Tijuca, 9 km from Canto do Leblon.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Santos Dumont/Rio de Janeiro Airport, 14 km from Canto do Leblon.
Dry and partly cloudy
Overall Canto do Leblon Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The figure illustrates the variation of swells directed at Canto do Leblon through an a... (show all text)
This chart describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Canto do Leblon surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Rio de Janeiro surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Canto do Leblon
- The closest passenger airport to Canto do Leblon is Santos Dumont (Rio De Janeiro) Airport (SDU) in Brazil, 11 km (7 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Canto do Leblon is Galeao Antonio Carlos Jobim (Rio De Janeiro) Airport (GIG), also in Brazil, 20 km (12 miles) away.
- Third is Santa Cruz (Rio De Janeiro) Airport (STU) in Brazil, 51 km (32 miles) away.
- Francisco De Assis (Juiz De Fora) Airport (JDF) in Brazil is 135 km (84 miles) away.
- Bartolomeu Lisandro (Campos) Airport (CAW), also in Brazil is the fifth nearest airport to Canto do Leblon and is 245 km (152 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Canto do Leblon, Rio de Janeiro. Use the tab navigation above to view Canto do Leblon sea temperature, Canto do Leblon photographs, Canto do Leblon detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Canto do Leblon webcams, current wind from Rio de Janeiro live weather stations and Canto do Leblon tide predictions. The Brazil swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Brazil and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Brazil wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Canto do Leblon.