Canoa Spot ID
Best: Swell NW | Wind ESE
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.0 °C
Canoa in Manabi is a fairly exposed beach break that has consistent surf. Summer offers the favoured conditions for surfing. Works best in offshore winds from the east southeast. Groundswells are more common than windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the northwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It very rarely gets crowded here. Watch out for sharks and rocks.
Overall Canoa Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in December
This chart describes the range of swells directed at Canoa through a typical December. ... (show all text)
This image shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Canoa surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Manabi surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Canoa
- The closest passenger airport to Canoa is Eloy Alfaro International (Manta) Airport (MEC) in Ecuador, 52 km (32 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Canoa is Reales Tamarindos (Portoviejo) Airport (PVO), also in Ecuador, 56 km (35 miles) away.
- Third is Simon Bolivar International (Guayaquil) Airport (GYE) in Ecuador, 190 km (118 miles) away.
- General Ulpiano Paez (Salinas) Airport (SNC) in Ecuador is 194 km (120 miles) away.
- Chachoan (Ambato) Airport (ATF), also in Ecuador is the fifth nearest airport to Canoa and is 221 km (137 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Canoa, Manabi. Use the tab navigation above to view Canoa sea temperature, Canoa photographs, Canoa detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Canoa webcams, current wind from Manabi live weather stations and Canoa tide predictions. The Ecuador swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ecuador and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ecuador wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Canoa.