Canoa Spot ID
Best: Swell NW | Wind ESE
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.6 °C
Canoa in Manabi is a fairly exposed beach break that has consistent surf. Summer offers the favoured conditions for surfing. Works best in offshore winds from the east southeast. Groundswells are more common than windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the northwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It very rarely gets crowded here. Watch out for sharks and rocks.
Overall Canoa Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This image describes the combination of swells directed at Canoa over a normal July and... (show all text)
The graph shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions thr... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Canoa surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Manabi surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Canoa
Visitor Reviews of Canoa
Tide stations nearest to Canoa:
- Closest tide stationPuerto de Bahia Caraquez3 mi
- Second closest tide stationManta33 mi
- Third closest tide stationPedernales52 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPuerto Lopez76 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMuisne84 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Canoa:
- Closest ski areaHuascaran (Peru)624 mi
- Second closest ski areaChacaltaya (Bolivia)1385 mi
- Third closest ski areaSki Arpa (Chile)2313 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaPortillo (Chile)2331 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaLos Penitentes (Argentina)2333 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Canoa:
- Closest city locationBahia de Caraques (Ecuador)5 mi
- Second closest city locationChone (Ecuador)26 mi
- Third closest city locationManta (Ecuador)36 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPortoviejo (Ecuador)40 mi
- Fifth closest city locationJipijapa (Ecuador)55 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Canoa is Eloy Alfaro International (Manta) Airport (MEC) in Ecuador, 52 km (32 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Canoa is Reales Tamarindos (Portoviejo) Airport (PVO), also in Ecuador, 56 km (35 miles) away.
- Third is Simon Bolivar International (Guayaquil) Airport (GYE) in Ecuador, 190 km (118 miles) away.
- General Ulpiano Paez (Salinas) Airport (SNC) in Ecuador is 194 km (120 miles) away.
- Chachoan (Ambato) Airport (ATF), also in Ecuador is the fifth nearest airport to Canoa and is 221 km (137 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Canoa, Manabi. Use the tab navigation above to view Canoa sea temperature, Canoa photographs, Canoa detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Canoa webcams, current wind from Manabi live weather stations and Canoa tide predictions. The Ecuador swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ecuador and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ecuador wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Canoa.