Camp Pendelton Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 24.4 °C
Camp Pendelton in San Diego Countyis a beach break that has quite consistent surf. Summer offers the optimum conditions for surfing. The best wind direction is from the northeast. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It very rarely gets crowded here. Beware of obstacles, private and locals.
For Oceanside, 3 km from Camp Pendelton.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Oceanside, 1 km from Camp Pendelton.
|light winds from the W|
At San Clemente Basin Buoy, 62 miles from Camp Pendelton.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||12||11||11||11|
Overall Camp Pendelton Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
The rose diagram describes the combination of swells directed at Camp Pendelton through... (show all text)
This picture shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Camp Pendelton surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - San Diego County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Camp Pendelton
Tide stations nearest to Camp Pendelton:
- Closest tide stationOceanside2 mi
- Second closest tide stationCarlsbad5 mi
- Third closest tide stationSolana Beach17 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSan Clemente19 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationDana Point24 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Camp Pendelton:
- Closest ski areaMt Baldy (United States)70 mi
- Second closest ski areaSnow Valley (United States)73 mi
- Third closest ski areaSnow Summit (United States)76 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaBig Bear Mountain (United States)76 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMountain High resort (United States)81 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Camp Pendelton:
- Closest city locationOceanside (United States)2 mi
- Second closest city locationCarlsbad (United States)5 mi
- Third closest city locationVista (United States)9 mi
- Fourth closest city locationEncinitas (United States)14 mi
- Fifth closest city locationFallbrook (United States)14 mi
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Camp Pendelton, CAL - San Diego County. Use the tab navigation above to view Camp Pendelton sea temperature, Camp Pendelton photographs, Camp Pendelton detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Camp Pendelton webcams, current wind from CAL - San Diego County live weather stations and Camp Pendelton tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Camp Pendelton.