Camalu Spot ID
Type: reef and point
Best: Swell W | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.0 °C
Camalu in Baja Norte is an exposed reef and point break that has consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the northeast. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the west. A reef breaks right Rarely crowded here. Watch out for rocks.
Overall Camalu Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in December
This chart describes the combination of swells directed at Camalu over a normal Decembe... (show all text)
This image shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions th... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Camalu surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Baja Norte surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Camalu
Tide stations nearest to Camalu:
- Closest tide stationCamalu3 mi
- Second closest tide stationSan Quintin25 mi
- Third closest tide stationSan Felipe74 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationEnsenada78 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSan Felipe80 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Camalu:
- Closest ski areaBig Bear Mountain (United States)239 mi
- Second closest ski areaSnow Summit (United States)240 mi
- Third closest ski areaSnow Valley (United States)241 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaBear Mountain (United States)244 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMt Baldy (United States)252 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Camalu:
- Closest city locationEnsenada (Mexico)79 mi
- Second closest city locationRosarito (Mexico)118 mi
- Third closest city locationTecate (Mexico)125 mi
- Fourth closest city locationTijuana (Mexico)130 mi
- Fifth closest city locationMexicali (Mexico)132 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Camalu is General Alberto L Salinas C International (Ensenada) Airport (ESE) in Mexico, which is 119 km (74 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Camalu is General Abelardo L Rodriguez International (Tijuana) Airport (TIJ), also in Mexico, 208 km (129 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Camalu, Baja Norte. Use the tab navigation above to view Camalu sea temperature, Camalu photographs, Camalu detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Camalu webcams, current wind from Baja Norte live weather stations and Camalu tide predictions. The Mexico swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Mexico and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Mexico wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Camalu.