Californias Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell N | Wind ENE
Sea Temperature Today is: 28.4 °C
Californias in Okinawa is a reasonably exposed reef break that has quite reliable surf. The favoured time of year for waves is autumn. Works best in offshore winds from the east northeast. Windswells are much more typical than groudswells and the ideal wave angle is from the north. Both right (best) and left reef breaks.. Likely to be crowded if working. Beware of rips, coral and sharks.
Overall Californias Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This image shows the combination of swells directed at Californias through a typical Ju... (show all text)
The graph illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Californias surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Okinawa surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Californias
Visitor Reviews of Californias
Tide stations nearest to Californias:
- Closest tide stationToya2 mi
- Second closest tide stationChatan4 mi
- Third closest tide stationAwase7 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationGinowan7 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationUrasoe-shiyakusho7 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Californias:
- Closest ski areaGokase Highland (Japan)475 mi
- Second closest ski areaAsosan (Japan)493 mi
- Third closest ski areaTenzan Ski Resort (Japan)505 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaKujyu (Japan)510 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSol-Fa (Japan)583 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Californias:
- Closest city locationMoromizato (Japan)3 mi
- Second closest city locationChatan (Japan)4 mi
- Third closest city locationGinowan (Japan)7 mi
- Fourth closest city locationGushikawa (Japan)7 mi
- Fifth closest city locationUrasoe-shiyakusho (Japan)7 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Californias is Kadena Ab Airport (DNA) in Japan, 2 km (1 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Californias is Naha Airport (OKA), also in Japan, 20 km (12 miles) away.
- Third is Yoron Airport (RNJ) in Japan, 101 km (63 miles) away.
- Kumejima Airport (UEO) in Japan is 103 km (64 miles) away.
- Tokunoshima Airport (TKN), also in Japan is the fifth nearest airport to Californias and is 200 km (124 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Californias, Okinawa. Use the tab navigation above to view Californias sea temperature, Californias photographs, Californias detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Californias webcams, current wind from Okinawa live weather stations and Californias tide predictions. The Japan swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Japan and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Japan wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Californias.