Cabo Mongo Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell S | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 28.3 °C
Cabo Mongo on the South Coast is an exposed point break that has fairly consistent surf Ideal winds are from the north northwest. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the south. Best around low tide when the tide is rising. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Hazards include rocks and urchins.
Overall Cabo Mongo Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
The figure shows the variation of swells directed at Cabo Mongo through an average Nove... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Cabo Mongo surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Caribbean Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Cabo Mongo
Tide stations nearest to Cabo Mongo:
- Closest tide stationEnriquillo20 mi
- Second closest tide stationParaiso28 mi
- Third closest tide stationPedernales35 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationBarahona43 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPaya83 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Cabo Mongo:
- Closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)1401 mi
- Second closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)1407 mi
- Third closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)1408 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort (United States)1408 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)1416 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Cabo Mongo:
- Closest city locationBarahona (Dominican Republic)43 mi
- Second closest city locationAzua de Compostela (Dominican Republic)70 mi
- Third closest city locationSan Juan de la Maguana (Dominican Republic)80 mi
- Fourth closest city locationKenscoff (Haiti)81 mi
- Fifth closest city locationBani (Dominican Republic)82 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Cabo Mongo is Maria Montez International (Barahona) Airport (BRX) in Dominican Republic, which is 72 km (45 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Cabo Mongo is Port Au Prince International (Port-au-prince) Airport (PAP) in Haiti, 140 km (87 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Herrera International (Santo Domingo) Airport (HEX) in Dominican Republic, 176 km (109 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Cabo Mongo, Caribbean Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Cabo Mongo sea temperature, Cabo Mongo photographs, Cabo Mongo detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Cabo Mongo webcams, current wind from Caribbean Coast live weather stations and Cabo Mongo tide predictions. The Dominican Republic swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Dominican Republic and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Dominican Republic wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Cabo Mongo.