Cabo de la Vela Spot ID
Type: beach and point
Best: Swell N | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.4 °C
Cabo La Vela in Caribbean is an exposed beach and point break that has reasonably consistent surf. Winter and spring are the optimum times of year to visit. Offshore winds are from the southeast. Groundswells and windswells are equally likely and the ideal swell angle is from the north.. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Take care of rocks,best to surf in a group.
Overall Cabo de la Vela Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The rose diagram shows the variation of swells directed at Cabo de la Vela through a ty... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Cabo de la Vela surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Caribbean surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Cabo de la Vela
Tide stations nearest to Cabo de la Vela:
- Closest tide stationManaure35 mi
- Second closest tide stationRiohacha68 mi
- Third closest tide stationMalecon93 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMaracaibo108 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationAmuay137 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Cabo de la Vela:
- Closest ski areaHuascaran (Peru)1521 mi
- Second closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)1722 mi
- Third closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)1723 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)1725 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)1725 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Cabo de la Vela:
- Closest city locationMaicao58 mi
- Second closest city locationRiohacha70 mi
- Third closest city locationMaracaibo (Venezuela)108 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSan Juan del Cesar114 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSanta Rita (Venezuela)124 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Cabo de la Vela is Almirante Padilla (Rio Hacha) Airport (RCH) in Colombia, which is 112 km (70 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Cabo de la Vela is La Chinita International (Maracaibo) Airport (MAR) in Venezuela, 191 km (119 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Cabo de la Vela, Caribbean. Use the tab navigation above to view Cabo de la Vela sea temperature, Cabo de la Vela photographs, Cabo de la Vela detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Cabo de la Vela webcams, current wind from Caribbean live weather stations and Cabo de la Vela tide predictions. The Colombia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Colombia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Colombia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Cabo de la Vela.