Cable Station Reef Spot ID
Photo credit: Harry Cunningham
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 17.1 °C
Cable Station Reef on the West Coast is a fairly exposed beach break that has pretty consitent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Offshore winds blow from the east. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell direction is from the northwest. The beach break provides left and right handers. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. Likely to be crowded if working. Hazards include rips and sharks.
Overall Cable Station Reef Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The rose diagram describes the range of swells directed at Cable Station Reef through a... (show all text)
This picture shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Cable Station Reef surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to WA - Perth City surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Cable Station Reef
Tide stations nearest to Cable Station Reef:
- Closest tide stationMosman Park1 mi
- Second closest tide stationCottesloe1 mi
- Third closest tide stationClaremont2 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationFremantle3 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationAttadale3 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Cable Station Reef:
- Closest ski areaMt Donna Buang (Australia)1735 mi
- Second closest ski areaLake Mountain (Australia)1745 mi
- Third closest ski areaMount Baw Baw (Australia)1768 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMt St Gwinear (Australia)1771 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMount Buller (Australia)1775 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Cable Station Reef:
- Closest city locationPerth (Australia)5 mi
- Second closest city locationKwinana (Australia)17 mi
- Third closest city locationArmadale (Australia)18 mi
- Fourth closest city locationRockingham (Australia)19 mi
- Fifth closest city locationMandurah (Australia)35 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Cable Station Reef is Perth Jandakot Airport (JAD) in Australia, which is 17 km (11 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Cable Station Reef is Perth International Airport (PER), also in Australia, 22 km (14 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Cable Station Reef, WA - Perth City. Use the tab navigation above to view Cable Station Reef sea temperature, Cable Station Reef photographs, Cable Station Reef detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Cable Station Reef webcams, current wind from WA - Perth City live weather stations and Cable Station Reef tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Cable Station Reef.