Cable Bay Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Nelson – Tasman Bay, New Zealand)
Cable Bay Spot ID
Best: Swell NW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 17.2 °C
Cable Bay in Nelson - Tasman Bay is a sheltered point break that only works once in a while with no particular seasonal pattern. Offshore winds blow from the southeast with some shelter here from west winds. Still reasonable in light onshore winds Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the optimum swell angle is from the northwest. No point break here. Best around mid tide when the tide is falling. It's sometimes crowded here. Watch out for rocks.
Overall Cable Bay Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The graph illustrates the variation of swells directed at Cable Bay over a normal April... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Cable Bay surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Nelson - Tasman Bay surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Cable Bay
Visitor Reviews of Cable Bay
Tide stations nearest to Cable Bay:
- Closest tide stationNelson11 mi
- Second closest tide stationCroiselles, South Island16 mi
- Third closest tide stationRichmond17 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMapua17 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationElaine Bay20 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Cable Bay:
- Closest ski areaRainbow (New Zealand)57 mi
- Second closest ski areaMount Lyford (New Zealand)89 mi
- Third closest ski areaHanmer (New Zealand)92 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaManganui (New Zealand)133 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaTemple Basin (New Zealand)154 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Cable Bay:
- Closest city locationNelson (New Zealand)11 mi
- Second closest city locationBlenheim (New Zealand)37 mi
- Third closest city locationWellington (New Zealand)71 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPorirua (New Zealand)75 mi
- Fifth closest city locationLower Hutt (New Zealand)78 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Cable Bay is Nelson Airport (NSN) in New Zealand, 22 km (14 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Cable Bay is Woodbourne Airport (BHE), also in New Zealand, 55 km (34 miles) away.
- Third is Wellington International Airport (WLG) in New Zealand, 118 km (73 miles) away.
- Paraparaumu Airport (PPQ) in New Zealand is 135 km (84 miles) away.
- Westport Airport (WSZ), also in New Zealand is the fifth nearest airport to Cable Bay and is 166 km (103 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Cable Bay, Nelson - Tasman Bay. Use the tab navigation above to view Cable Bay sea temperature, Cable Bay photographs, Cable Bay detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Cable Bay webcams, current wind from Nelson - Tasman Bay live weather stations and Cable Bay tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Cable Bay.