Cable Bay Spot ID
Best: Swell NW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.6 °C
Cable Bay in Nelson - Tasman Bay is a sheltered point break that does not work very often with no particular seasonal pattern. Offshore winds blow from the southeast with some shelter here from west winds. Still reasonable in light onshore winds Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the best swell direction is from the northwest. No point break here. Best around mid tide when the tide is falling. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Rocks are a hazard.
Overall Cable Bay Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
The figure illustrates the combination of swells directed at Cable Bay through a typica... (show all text)
This chart describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Cable Bay surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Nelson - Tasman Bay surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Cable Bay
- The closest passenger airport to Cable Bay is Nelson Airport (NSN) in New Zealand, 22 km (14 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Cable Bay is Woodbourne Airport (BHE), also in New Zealand, 55 km (34 miles) away.
- Third is Wellington International Airport (WLG) in New Zealand, 118 km (73 miles) away.
- Paraparaumu Airport (PPQ) in New Zealand is 135 km (84 miles) away.
- Westport Airport (WSZ), also in New Zealand is the fifth nearest airport to Cable Bay and is 166 km (103 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Cable Bay, Nelson - Tasman Bay. Use the tab navigation above to view Cable Bay sea temperature, Cable Bay photographs, Cable Bay detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Cable Bay webcams, current wind from Nelson - Tasman Bay live weather stations and Cable Bay tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Cable Bay.