Cable Bay Spot ID
Best: Swell NW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 18.3 °C
Cable Bay in Nelson - Tasman Bay is a quite exposed point break that only works when conditions are just right with no particular seasonal pattern. Works best in offshore winds from the southeast with some shelter here from west winds. Able to handle light onshore wind Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the northwest. There is no point break. Sometimes crowded. Take care of rocks in the line up.
Overall Cable Bay Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in January
This picture shows the combination of swells directed at Cable Bay through a typical Ja... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Cable Bay surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Nelson - Tasman Bay surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Cable Bay
- The closest passenger airport to Cable Bay is Nelson Airport (NSN) in New Zealand, 22 km (14 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Cable Bay is Woodbourne Airport (BHE), also in New Zealand, 55 km (34 miles) away.
- Third is Wellington International Airport (WLG) in New Zealand, 118 km (73 miles) away.
- Paraparaumu Airport (PPQ) in New Zealand is 135 km (84 miles) away.
- Westport Airport (WSZ), also in New Zealand is the fifth nearest airport to Cable Bay and is 166 km (103 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Cable Bay, Nelson - Tasman Bay. Use the tab navigation above to view Cable Bay sea temperature, Cable Bay photographs, Cable Bay detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Cable Bay webcams, current wind from Nelson - Tasman Bay live weather stations and Cable Bay tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Cable Bay.