Burnout Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.8 °C
Burnout in Los Angeles Countyis a beach break that has reasonably consistent surf. Winter is the favoured time of year for surfing here. Works best in offshore winds from the east. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the west. Waves at the beach are both lefts and rights. It's sometimes crowded here. Hazards include - Rips / undertow - Pollution.
For Palos Verdes Estates, 2 km from Burnout.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Redondo Beach, 1 km from Burnout.
At Santa Monica Basin Buoy, 39 miles from Burnout.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||16||16||17||16|
Overall Burnout Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This chart describes the range of swells directed at Burnout through an average June. I... (show all text)
This image shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Burnout surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - LA County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Burnout
Tide stations nearest to Burnout:
- Closest tide stationPalos Verdes Estates1 mi
- Second closest tide stationKing Harbor, Santa Monica Bay2 mi
- Third closest tide stationLomita5 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationManhattan Beach5 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationRancho Palos Verdes5 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Burnout:
- Closest ski areaMt Baldy48 mi
- Second closest ski areaMountain High resort56 mi
- Third closest ski areaSunrise Ski Area57 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSnow Valley83 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSnow Summit91 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Burnout:
- Closest city locationRedondo Beach2 mi
- Second closest city locationTorrance4 mi
- Third closest city locationManhattan Beach5 mi
- Fourth closest city locationRancho Palos Verdes5 mi
- Fifth closest city locationLawndale6 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Burnout is Jack Northrop Fld Hawthorne Muni Airport (HHR) in USA, 13 km (8 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Burnout is Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), also in USA, 14 km (9 miles) away.
- Third is Long Beach Airport (LGB) in USA, 22 km (14 miles) away.
- Burbank Glendale Pasadena Airport (BUR) in USA is 43 km (27 miles) away.
- John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Burnout and is 51 km (32 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Burnout, CAL - LA County. Use the tab navigation above to view Burnout sea temperature, Burnout photographs, Burnout detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Burnout webcams, current wind from CAL - LA County live weather stations and Burnout tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Burnout.