Burnout Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Los Angeles County, USA)
Burnout Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 16.4 °C
Burnout in Los Angeles Countyis a beach break that has fairly consistent surf. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. Works best in offshore winds from the east. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the optimum swell angle is from the west. Waves at the beach are both lefts and rights. It's sometimes crowded here. Beware of - Rips / undertow - Pollution.
For Palos Verdes Estates, 2 km from Burnout.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Redondo Beach, 1 km from Burnout.
At Santa Monica Basin Buoy, 39 miles from Burnout.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
Overall Burnout Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The figure describes the variation of swells directed at Burnout over a normal May and ... (show all text)
This chart shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Burnout surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - LA County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Burnout
Visitor Reviews of Burnout
Tide stations nearest to Burnout:
- Closest tide stationPalos Verdes Estates1 mi
- Second closest tide stationKing Harbor, Santa Monica Bay2 mi
- Third closest tide stationLomita5 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationManhattan Beach5 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationRancho Palos Verdes5 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Burnout:
- Closest ski areaMt Baldy (United States)48 mi
- Second closest ski areaMountain High resort (United States)56 mi
- Third closest ski areaSunrise Ski Area (United States)57 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSnow Valley (United States)83 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSnow Summit (United States)91 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Burnout:
- Closest city locationRedondo Beach (United States)2 mi
- Second closest city locationTorrance (United States)4 mi
- Third closest city locationManhattan Beach (United States)5 mi
- Fourth closest city locationRancho Palos Verdes (United States)5 mi
- Fifth closest city locationLawndale (United States)6 mi
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Burnout, CAL - LA County. Use the tab navigation above to view Burnout sea temperature, Burnout photographs, Burnout detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Burnout webcams, current wind from CAL - LA County live weather stations and Burnout tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Burnout.