Burnout Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 16.0 °C
Burnout in Los Angeles Countyis a beach break that has reasonably consistent surf. Winter is the favoured time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds blow from the east. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the west. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Beware of - Rips / undertow - Pollution.
Overall Burnout Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in March
The graph describes the combination of swells directed at Burnout through a typical Mar... (show all text)
The rose diagram shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Burnout surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - LA County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Burnout
- The closest passenger airport to Burnout is Jack Northrop Fld Hawthorne Muni Airport (HHR) in USA, 13 km (8 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Burnout is Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), also in USA, 14 km (9 miles) away.
- Third is Long Beach Airport (LGB) in USA, 22 km (14 miles) away.
- Burbank Glendale Pasadena Airport (BUR) in USA is 43 km (27 miles) away.
- John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Burnout and is 51 km (32 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Burnout, CAL - LA County. Use the tab navigation above to view Burnout sea temperature, Burnout photographs, Burnout detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Burnout webcams, current wind from CAL - LA County live weather stations and Burnout tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Burnout.