Burnout Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 22.0 °C
Burnout in Los Angeles Countyis a beach break that has quite reliable surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the east. Groundswells are more common than windswells and the best swell direction is from the west. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Sometimes crowded. Beware of - Rips / undertow - Pollution.
For Palos Verdes Estates, 2 km from Burnout.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Redondo Beach, 1 km from Burnout.
|light winds from the SW|
At Santa Monica Basin Buoy, 39 miles from Burnout.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||15||15||6||6|
Overall Burnout Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This picture shows the variation of swells directed at Burnout over a normal August and... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Burnout surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - LA County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Burnout
Visitor Reviews of Burnout
Tide stations nearest to Burnout:
- Closest tide stationPalos Verdes Estates1 mi
- Second closest tide stationKing Harbor, Santa Monica Bay2 mi
- Third closest tide stationLomita5 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationManhattan Beach5 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationRancho Palos Verdes5 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Burnout:
- Closest ski areaMt Baldy (United States)48 mi
- Second closest ski areaMountain High resort (United States)56 mi
- Third closest ski areaSunrise Ski Area (United States)57 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSnow Valley (United States)83 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSnow Summit (United States)91 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Burnout:
- Closest city locationRedondo Beach (United States)2 mi
- Second closest city locationTorrance (United States)4 mi
- Third closest city locationManhattan Beach (United States)5 mi
- Fourth closest city locationRancho Palos Verdes (United States)5 mi
- Fifth closest city locationLawndale (United States)6 mi
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Burnout, CAL - LA County. Use the tab navigation above to view Burnout sea temperature, Burnout photographs, Burnout detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Burnout webcams, current wind from CAL - LA County live weather stations and Burnout tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Burnout.