Burgau Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell SSW | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 21.3 °C
Burgau in The Algarveis a beach break that is usually a safe bet. Winter is the favoured time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the north northeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell angle is from the south southwest. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Take care of .
Overall Burgau Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This picture describes the range of swells directed at Burgau through an average July, ... (show all text)
The figure shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Burgau surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Algarve surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Burgau
Visitor Reviews of Burgau
“Het stonk naar rotte vis en ondertussen zaten er in de kamer ernaast mensen te poepen. Ge kunt da hotel in u **** stoppen hoerenzoon!”
tom from DENMARK - 28 Apr 2014
Tide stations nearest to Burgau:
- Closest tide stationLagos6 mi
- Second closest tide stationAlvor11 mi
- Third closest tide stationPortimao14 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationAlbufeira29 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationQuarteira37 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Burgau:
- Closest ski areaSerra da Estrela (Portugal)240 mi
- Second closest ski areaSierra de Bejar-La Covatilla (Spain)282 mi
- Third closest ski areaSierra Nevada (Spain)299 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMichlifen (Morocco)326 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaValdesqui (Spain)358 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Burgau:
- Closest city locationPortimao (Portugal)14 mi
- Second closest city locationFaro Airport (Portugal)45 mi
- Third closest city locationFaro (Portugal)47 mi
- Fourth closest city locationOlhao (Portugal)52 mi
- Fifth closest city locationBeja (Portugal)82 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Burgau is Faro Airport (FAO) in Acores, which is 72 km (45 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Burgau is Lisboa (Lisbon) Airport (LIS) in Portugal, 193 km (120 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Burgau, Algarve. Use the tab navigation above to view Burgau sea temperature, Burgau photographs, Burgau detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Burgau webcams, current wind from Algarve live weather stations and Burgau tide predictions. The Portugal swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Portugal and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Portugal wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Burgau.