Bunmahon Spot ID
Best: Swell SSW | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 14.8 °C
Bunmahon in Waterford is a reasonably exposed river break that does not work very often with no particular seasonal pattern. The best wind direction is from the north. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the south southwest. The river break provides left and right handers. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. Dangerous rips are a hazard of surfing here.
Overall Bunmahon Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
This picture illustrates the combination of swells directed at Bunmahon over a normal S... (show all text)
The figure describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Bunmahon surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Waterford surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Bunmahon
Ski Resorts closest to Bunmahon:
- Closest ski areaRaise (United Kingdom)246 mi
- Second closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre (United Kingdom)255 mi
- Third closest ski areaYad Moss (United Kingdom)275 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common (United Kingdom)277 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club (United Kingdom)279 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Bunmahon is Waterford Airport (WAT) in Ireland, 22 km (14 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Bunmahon is Cork Airport (ORK), also in Ireland, 82 km (51 miles) away.
- Third is Shannon Airport (SNN) in Ireland, 122 km (76 miles) away.
- Kerry Airport (KIR) in Ireland is 146 km (91 miles) away.
- Dublin Airport (DUB), also in Ireland is the fifth nearest airport to Bunmahon and is 162 km (101 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Bunmahon, Waterford. Use the tab navigation above to view Bunmahon sea temperature, Bunmahon photographs, Bunmahon detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Bunmahon webcams, current wind from Waterford live weather stations and Bunmahon tide predictions. The Ireland swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ireland and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ireland wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Bunmahon.