Bunkers Spot ID
Photo credit: afreymail
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 12.4 °C
Bunkers_1 in Humboldt is an exposed beach break that has reasonably consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Works best in offshore winds from the southeast. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the optimum swell angle is from the west. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It's sometimes crowded here. Beware of and rips.
For Humboldt Bay, North Spit, California, 1 km from Bunkers.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-HBYC1, 1 km from Bunkers.
|light winds from the NW|
At Eel River Buoy, 19 miles from Bunkers.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||10||9||9||9|
Overall Bunkers Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This chart describes the combination of swells directed at Bunkers over a normal July. ... (show all text)
This image shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions th... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Bunkers surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Humboldt surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Bunkers
Tide stations nearest to Bunkers:
- Closest tide stationHumboldt Bay, North Spit1 mi
- Second closest tide stationEureka1 mi
- Third closest tide stationHumboldt Bay Entrance1 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationBucksport, Humboldt Bay2 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationElk River Railroad Bridge #18, Humboldt Bay2 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Bunkers:
- Closest ski areaMt Shasta116 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Ashland121 mi
- Third closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area158 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaCoppervale189 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaWillamette Pass226 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Bunkers:
- Closest city locationEureka4 mi
- Second closest city locationRedding97 mi
- Third closest city locationGrants Pass124 mi
- Fourth closest city locationMedford128 mi
- Fifth closest city locationChico145 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Bunkers is Chico Muni Airport (CIC) in USA, which is 229 km (142 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Bunkers is Beale Afb (Marysville) Airport (BAB), also in USA, 300 km (186 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Bunkers, CAL - Humboldt. Use the tab navigation above to view Bunkers sea temperature, Bunkers photographs, Bunkers detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Bunkers webcams, current wind from CAL - Humboldt live weather stations and Bunkers tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Bunkers.